Please Note that this position will rotate on a monthly basis between 1st and 2nd Shift
Self-driven technical professional providing leadership to shift maintenance crews for the purpose of developing technical skills and knowledge to increase the reliability and troubleshooting of equipment assets to best-in-class standards and optimize cost of ownership through mastership of assets, technologies and technical competence of equipment. This professional will be a factory wide technical authority with ownership of the standards, knowledge development and competence of the shift technical personnel with focus on preventive maintenance optimization, predictive maintenance, equipment life cycle management and full compliance to Nestlé maintenance foundations.
• Active member of the leadership team responsible for driving the overall achievement of technical knowledge and skills development of maintenance crews by rotating shifts.
• Provides leadership and clear vision in refining preventive /predictive maintenance programs, spare parts stocking, and shop management.
• Drive standardization of maintenance activities
• Drive the elimination of unplanned stoppages linked to a technical cause while optimizing the total cost of operation through detailed loss analysis.
• Drive the optimization of planned stoppages.
• Accountable for the execution and completion of planned and unplanned Work Orders
• Provides technical guidance, support, and expertise; assisting and coaching Maintenance and Operations team members to ensure competency and capability development under the guidance of the Nestlé Management and Leadership Principles.
• Sets and evaluates departmental goals and objectives through a collaborative effort with the factory leadership team and the Engineering.
• Responsible for the performance, training, and development of all departmental personnel
Routine – Daily, Weekly
• Proactive development of technical expertise of crews related to technologies and assets in the areas as well as TPM tools and methodologies to support Production.
• Develop, lead, support, evaluate and improve functional competencies and training to ensure that maintenance staff including mechanics are properly equipped to eliminate technical unplanned and optimize planned stoppages.
• Coach, lead, participate, and guide as needed around daily activities and improvement initiatives / projects including GSTD, BDA, DMAIC, Capex, etc.
• Jointly responsible for Safety, GMP, and 5S of mechanical workshops and defined scope.
• Working knowledge of performance issues and losses through routine review of Maintenance Foundation Documents, SAP, DMO and Work Orders Documentation.
• Communicate with the site through various media on a regular basis to explain on-going activities, projects, successes, and learning.
• Drive engagement and competence of technical personnel in operations meetings through coaching and support (e.g. Shift Hand Over, Shift Operation Review) to develop effective meetings.
• Collaborate with other Nestle plants to learn & standardize/streamline processes & systems.
• Manage & Supervise close coordination with 3rd Party contractors, field service technicians, and vendors.
• Technical Decision owner regarding stocking of parts, min, max etc.
Safety, Environmental, and Quality:
• Participate in the factory’s Emergency Response Team during shift. Provide input to safety and loss control initiatives.
• Understand and minimize the environmental aspects of the position.
• Drive implementation of GMPs by technical team, especially around technical interventions.
• Ensure suffcient technical knowledge and competencies are available to guarantee food safety of the products manufactured in area (specifically through direct participation to, or nomination of a competent rsource for the HACCP Team)Model safe behavior by a systematic challenge of unsafe acts and unsafe conditions.
• Maintain compliance with regulations including Instrument Calibration Procedures/Policies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field
• 5-7 years of maintenance/engineering experience in a manufacturing setting
• 3-5 years of leadership experience
• Proven track record of successful maintenance leadership and/or plant engineering experience, preferably in a food manufacturing environment
* Must be willing to rotate on a monthly basis between 1st and 2nd Shift and be willing to spend the majority of time out on the production floor.
• Managerial experience in an unionize environment
• Experience with automation systems for process control
• Competent with Allen Bradley Control Logix PLC’s
• TPM experience
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.