This role will support our International Premium Waters (IPW) division, a newly created category in Nestlé USA’s portfolio focused on elevating iconic brands including San Pellegrino, Acqua Panna, and Perrier. As part of the IPW Marketing team, you will gain valuable experience by supporting key objectives focused on cultivating demand, equity, and elevating our internationally-produced waters. This is an exciting opportunity to support timeless brands recognized around the world!
As a Consumer Insights Analyst, you will lead the discovery of consumer, cultural, category and competitive insights to identify opportunities and inspire product renovation, communication strategy and ideas for the NPW brands. Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Consumer Insights, this role includes the framing of business problems, mining syndicated data sources, designing custom research programs, working with vendors to manage research logistics and provide guidance on making research outputs maximally relevant for the marketing teams.
A Day in the Life:
Data Mining & Analytics:
- Influence brand decisions by creating insights through syndicated research/market data, (e.g. Nielsen POS, IRI, panel data) that drive understanding of ‘why behind the what.'
- Mine and dig for key insights from various data sources to create compelling business story using what/so what/now what framework.
- Generate insights through syndicated research to help optimize base business, communications, and innovation success.
Custom Research Framing & Design:
- Work with key stakeholders to identify key learning needs/gaps then frame, design, analyze studies with vendor partners to help team understand consumers POV.
- Assist in the development, management and execution of research plans – using various qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Effectively communicate the consumer’s point of view, advocate for our consumer and drive empathy/understanding across the business team and key stakeholders.
- Use primary custom research with qualitative and quantitative studies to dig into 'the why.'
- Work with international colleagues on custom global projects, showing a strong interest in learning different cultures & behaviors while advocating and driving the US consumer POV.
- Build a solid knowledge base on the consumer, competitive landscape and changing dynamics influencing consumer behavior.
- Leverage all types of data sources to develop and share multisource insight synthesis.
- Act as a story-teller, synthesizing results in a clear and engaging way to provide holistic business recommendations.
- Project Execution – Managing suppliers, research execution, and adhering to interim and final deadlines
- Methodology Expertise – Selecting appropriate, diverse methodologies in designing research studies and trying new things when appropriate
- Self-Development – Seeking opportunities to self-educate proactively (new methodologies and techniques, business acumen, and general research and business news)
- Insight Generation – Inductive reasoning, creativity, risk tolerance, and business judgement
- Story Telling – Tailoring content and purposeful communication
- Influence – Active listening, negotiation, persuasion and courage
- Business Problem Solving – Diagnosis and framing the problem, business knowledge and acumen, recommendation development
- Consumer Empathy – Can articulate basic behaviors and motivations of consumers
- Strategic Thinking – Creates short-term marketing tactics that support long-term strategies and brand vision
- Brand Knowledge & Advocacy – Role-models brand expertise, eagerly engaging real consumers to optimize brand strategy and plans
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- B.A./B.S. in Marketing, Economics, Psychology, or Sociology or equivalent degree required
- Relevant Master's degree or MBA preferred but not necessary
- Minimum 1-3 years of working in research/consumer insights capacity
- Working knowledge of syndicated research sources (IRI, Nielsen, Mintel, etc)
- Hands-on experience across an array of custom quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Basic financial understanding of tying information back to business results
- Positive, go-getter attitude and ability to juggle multiple projects with keen attention to detail in a timely manner
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.