For more than 100 years, Purina has led the charge in revolutionizing pet food production and its ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. By 1956, through innovative engineering, we literally reshaped Pet Care, introducing Dog Chow® as the first extruded dry food. We’re still at it today, with Tidy Cats®, the lightweight cat litter champion of the world and our new Ultra-Premium brands, Beyond® and Just Right® pet food. Such industry leadership requires constant innovation and renovation, which is so often rooted in engineering.
As a Senior Engineer, you’ll play a key role in development, implementation, and handover of capital projects. Project management responsibilities could include multiple projects or one large project as End-to-End manager, Project Engineering Manager, or Operational Start-up Leader. The scale of the projects will range from $50k to $150,000k. The size and make-up of the core project team could range from 3 to 100 people and could include internal and/or external resources. Coordination and communication with internal and external stakeholders will be required on a routine basis. Stakeholders include: Executive Leadership, Marketing, Finance, Logistics, Procurement, Product Technology Center, Technical Applications Group, Quality Assurance, Human Resources, Factory Operations, Factory Management, Engineering, Information Technology, and external government / regulatory agencies. Projects managed could be at any factory location and significant travel could be required based on the size, complexity, and location of the project (30-50% travel).
We’ll turn to you to take ownership of capital projects that will significantly impact our larger mission of enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. Our culture continuously dares us to stand taller and ask “what’s next?” Are you up to the dare?
- Act as end-to-end manager including plan and lead projects coordinating the contribution of all stakeholders from investment project charter until vertical start-up and agreed sustained performance is established.
- Act as Project Engineering manager including plan technical side of investment projects ensuring the project is designed for manufacturing excellence (free of waste). Lead the investment project charter through commissioning by managing a cross-functional team whose objective is to oversee the capital investments.
- Act as Operations Start-Up leader, ensure vertical start-up and sustained performance of the project installation by engaging in the project from the charter stage through handover. Manage a multidisciplinary team whose objective is proper preparation and leadership of the start-up phase.
- Support the manufacturing operation, maintain a working understanding of Manufacturing Excellence methodologies (TPM).
- Act as an expert in one of litter manufacturing core competencies (ex. Processing, drying, packaging, controls, automation.
Perform all other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field
Experience (Years/Type): 3+ years of engineering experience within manufacturing or project management
Willing to travel 30-50%
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission–you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.