Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career, and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
The Manager Facility Maintenance Plant provides technical direction and leadership to the Engineering group. Role ensures that the sites fixed assets are capable of performing and consistently fit for the purpose for which they were intended. The key being asset reliability and overall plant performance.
- Define, propose and monitor the Maintenance and Improvement (M&I) plans and objectives in accordance with the Engineering Policy, Key Principles and the M&I Activity as outlined in the Nestlé Engineering Excellence (NEE) master document.
- Propose and implement work processes, procedures and technical resources related to the M&I team.
- Lead and coordinate the M&I team and maintain competencies, motivation and performance to achieve the M&I teams mission and objectives.
- Propose and control the M&I budget.
- Propose and monitor M&I in accordance with the key performance indicators.
- Build successful interaction between production and warehouse teams in equipment repairs and maintenance.
- Demonstrate and promote the company's values within the M&I team.Engineering team.
- Ensure that there exists within the M&I team an attitude of absolute intolerance for unsafe situations. That all team members are encouraged never to implement any change, whether directly instructed to, or under his/her own initiative, without first questioning its impact in relation to product safety/quality, people safety and the environment. No compromises should be tolerated.
- Ensure that the technical integrity and availability of equipment complies with all regulations.
- Ensure that Good Engineering Practices are being applied at all times.
- Ensure the implementation of all repairs/modifications resulting from gap assessments, plant audits and notifications.
- Ensure that all mechanics and operators receive direct on the line coaching in machinery and line operation skills in respect to the requirements of Hygienic engineering.
Responsibilities relating to the Nestlé Maintenance Strategy
- Obtain managements support for M&I and ensure its alignment with the business strategy.
- Encourage close teamwork between all functions (Engineering, Production, Quality Management etc.).
- Review systematically all lines, processes and utilities that are critical to the business and those where failure can have an unacceptable impact on safety, environment or compliance with the law.
- Support and encourage the decentralising of routine maintenance.
- Ensure that Continuous Improvement becomes a key pillar of the M&I culture.
- Implement Consequence Driven Maintenance (CDM) as the multi-discipline, team based approach to proactively maintain/improve the reliability and performance of the company's assets and Asset and Maintenance Management (AMM) as the process to manage the lifecycle of the fixed assets.
- Adopt the Maintenance Excellence vision by striving for the M&I "Proactive Domain".
Responsibilities relating to Consequence Driven Maintenance
- Establish and manage the yearly, monthly, weekly maintenance plans to ensure essential maintenance is completed within a reasonable time.
- Monitor plant/equipment to ensure optimal operation and reduction of planned/unplanned downtime.
- Optimise Predictive Maintenance technologies (Condition Monitoring and inspections) to minimize unplanned downtime.
- Utilise Planned Downtime for Scheduled and Condition-Based Maintenance with Work Orders.
- Develop and implement improvements to minimize downtime for line change and cleaning.
- Liase with Production, Quality Management on a daily basis to resolve technical and/or operational issues. (Stoppage Analysis from Downtime Reporting System).
- Establish with Production, shutdown and start-up work programs to minimise the risks to the product, people and production losses.
Responsibilities relating to Asset and Maintenance Management
- Manage the technical stores, scheduled Work Orders, labour hour allocation and the equipment Bill of Material (BOM).
- Ensure that the job planning, material and services planning is accurate and effective.
- Ensure that the equipment history, damage code and root cause analysis are completed correctly.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL
- B.S. degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical or Electrical.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a technical field, preferably in food manufacturing facility including maintenance responsibilities.
- Supervisory experience in previous assignment.
- In-depth knowledge of food processing equipment maintenance and technology.
- Applicable maintenance techniques.
- Appropriate maintenance execution.
- Knowledge of food safety, regulatory requirements for food safety and hygienic engineering (OSH&R).
- General understanding of financial analysis, budget reports and relevant business drivers.
- AutoCAD view or Visio, CDM, AMM, ESAT, CIAT, NEMT, NEST etc.
- Strong technical and managerial skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills in problem solving.
- Excellent trouble shooting and problems solving skills in mechanical, electrical and PLC operating systems
- Ability to perform under pressure and in ambiguous situations.
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills – ability to balance and prioritize several projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication, presentation, and networking skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Project
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.