Since 1997, our King William factory has been a major producer of the nation’s cat litter supply. Located on Tidy Cat Road just 25 miles northeast of Richmond, our 40-acre plant site is built adjacent to a 486-acre clay mine, so we’re able to efficiently and effectively mine, process, package and ship raw material and finished product from the same facility. We operate three shifts five days a week to mass produce both our conventional and clumping cat litter that supplies the mid-Atlantic region with nearly a third of a million tons annually—and over half a million tons by 2016. For 50 years, brands like Tidy Cats® have combined the highest quality ingredients and science to even the most disposable products. The 70’s advanced into microencapsulated deodorant, by the 90’s we were clumping and scooping, and in 2000 we introduced Crystals® made from silica gel and designed to last 30 days between changes. Innovation continues today. In 2013, Nestlé Purina revolutionized the cat litter category, producing LightWeight® litter, which has all the strength, but only half the weight of conventional litter. These and future innovations have created demand that our King William, VA plant is proud to meet.
As a Senior Staff Engineer, you will be responsible for capital project development, management, and implementation while providing environmental and utilities technical support to the facility. In addition, you will be responsible for process improvements and developing and implementing equipment and systems to enhance performance, reliability, and quality improvements within the plant.
- Capital project design, budgeting, management, and implementation. Supervise outside contractors and NPPC personnel within project.
- Research new equipment, systems, and processes to advance plant operations
- Support and use Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) initiatives to drive continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with all groups to maintain continuity, and open communications between groups for continuous improvement of operations processes.
- Writes clear Project Specifications, performance, price, and delivery; writes Service Agreements and Contract Service Orders.
- Assists in the development of the annual and capital improvement budget for the plant.
- Performs other staff assignments as directed by the Engineering Manager.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a related discipline
Experience: 4+ years in plant engineering or project management within a manufacturing, production, or military environment
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission–you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.