Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career, and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
The Cost Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the Cost functions. Primary responsibilities include implementation and consistent application of Nestle Costing Standards, development of the annual Operating Plan, the execution of the monthly period-end close, the analysis of variances to plan and the identification of cost improvement opportunities.
Implementation, validation and consistent application of Nestle Costing Standards for Manufacturing at the Mt. Sterling Factory, for both planned and actual results.
Annual Operating Plan:
- Lead the local budget process. Prepare and disseminate schedule of activities
- Coordinate gathering, validation and dissemination of data from cross functional sources to ensure the preparation of a complete & detailed Standard Cost Budget
- Complete & roll out budget handbook including departmental budgets within the factory
- Support Transfer Price calculations
Execute Period-End Close activities:
- Coordinate period-end close process
- Complete execution and validation of material ledger
- Establish factory variance reports and ensures adequate ant timely follow-up on issues
- Establish cost estimates for new SKU’s.
- Analyze actual results and identify variances to SCB / plan, with particular focus on material usage
- Provide variance analysis to Factory and Operations management; suggest improvement opportunities
- Supports the evaluation of proposed fixed asset investments (scenario building)
- Interacts with and educates managers / supervisors and team-members on costing questions.
- Manage and develop direct reports
- Follow up and monitor implementation of audit observations (internal & external).
- Support the Nestle Continuous Excellence initiative (within the Finance team as well at total factory level).
- Serve as back-up to the Factory Controller
Requirements and minimum education level:
- BA / BS in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- CPA or CMA desired
- 3 to 5 years of experience in manufacturing costing and analysis
- Experinece with identifying and driving cost savings
- Payroll accounting knowledge helpful
- Strong Computer skills: SAP, MS Office
- Strong planning skills (annual budget & long term strategic planning)
- Ability to identify and implement business process improvements that drive improved performance and profitability
- Strong communication skills
- Solid knowledge of US accounting principles
- Solid knowledge of financial concepts & principles including standard costing, cash flow, NPV, etc.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.#LI-ML1