By 1956, through innovative engineering, we (literally) reshaped pet care, introducing Dog Chow® as the first extruded dry food. We’re still at it today with Tidy Cats®, the lightweight cat litter champion of the world and Pro Plan Bright mind®, a break-through formula with enhanced botanical oils shown to promote alertness and mental sharpness in aging dogs.
Most important to remember is that regardless of which factory you join, we’re all family. Your needs are our responsibility — job security, benefits, safety, and career growth. But, we leave it up to you to shape our future. Feel empowered to innovate. Share ideas. Do what’s never been done before. Dare to Stand Taller.
As an Operations Startup Specialist, you will support the End-To-End PM to Plan and lead investment projects as well as coordinate contribution of all stakeholders (from investment project charter until vertical start-up and agreed sustained performance is established). You will achieve the project defined capability to support the business delivering manufacturing excellence by managing a cross-functional and multidisciplinary team whose objective is to assure that the invested resources bring the return of investment expected with a flawless execution to deliver a vertical start-up.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to defining the project scope, success criteria, and milestone deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with Product experts, AG, factory and market stakeholders. Build the investment project charter that includes the resources plan including a multifunctional project team required to accomplish the project manufacturing excellence targets. Ensure available standards and best practices, as well as understanding of current category loss tree are revised as part of the project planning, ensure local site operational constraints are identified and addressed as part of the project charter. Engage factory team in develop synergies between the project and the factory NCE journey.
- Execute the basic and detailed design of the project based on Nestlé Corporate Business Principles, Nestlé standards, local regulations, the defined User Requirements Specifications and the TPM characteristics of a unit operation (safety, quality, affordability, maintainability, operability and reliability).
- Support the design team to accomplish the basic and detailed design, whilst mobilizing all the required resources and liaising with stakeholders. Lead Current Operations Assessment and Change Impact Assessment activity to revise potential barriers that could place the project on risk. Support the procurement and tracking of raw and packing materials.
- Coordinate the technical training for operators and maintenance technicians with vendors, including gathering training requirements, procuring training, and evaluating training
- Lead the Development of an Operation Start-up Plan to coordinate the operational preparation (People, Materials, Methods), including a ramp up curve aligned to the business requirements to ensure a Vertical Start-up can be achieved.
- Lead the team and coordinate the contribution of all stakeholders to ensure a vertical start-up meeting manufacturing excellence criteria and required production volumes.
- Be the Manufacturing project team leader, meaning integrating, motivating, feed backing, coaching, developing, managing and evaluating team members and being their support and liaison with the steering committee and all the project's stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3 + years’ project management, change management, business analysis, or related experience in a manufacturing, industrial, military, or related environment. 1+ years’ experience in a production leadership role.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission–you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.