Nestlé Health Science invests in every employee to make certain each person can reach their greatest potential and works in an environment rooted in respect, diversity and teamwork. We focus on empowering the patients and consumers we serve to live healthier lives through industry leading nutrition and nutrition-enabling solutions by keeping their needs at the center of everything we do. We make quality and innovation our highest priorities when delivering our trusted brands such as BOOST®, Carnation Breakfast Essential®, Peptamen®, Compleat Organic Blends®, Zenpep®, and many more.
We are a globally recognized leader in the field of nutrition science with our US headquarters in Bridgewater, NJ, and have over 5000 employees around the world. Come join the Nestlé Health Science family and experience exciting opportunities!
This position is responsible for assisting with organizing and performing pilot plant trials and associated support work under general supervision. This is a skill/knowledge developmental position for a pilot plant technician position.
• Organize and prepare formulations, as per NesTMS requirements, and perform pilot plant trials in a safe and efficient manner
• Support Project Leaders, Pilot Plant Team Members and others in pilot plant trial planning, preparation, execution, follow up, review and process improvement.
• Set-up, operate and clean food-processing equipment
• Document and prepare summaries of trial results with recommendations for processing/product improvements based on observations
• Organize and record data as outlined in the pilot plant request
• Mix, measure, adjust and homogenize batches
• Thermally process and package batches
• Maintain equipment in good sanitary and working condition
• Maintain a safe, clean and sanitary work area
• Document trial records (Log Sheets, etc.)
• Proactive cooperation with the Team towards improving Pilot Plant Processes & Procedures
• Responsible to follow and uphold all Food Safety, Food Quality, Occupational Safety, Health and Environment policies and procedures as pertains to role
• Light mechanical repair/plumbing as required
• Interact with project teams and participate in project discussions as required
• Actively participate in cross-training as needed as well as learning new skills required due to technology advances
• Reviews/Updates SOP’s and SSOP’s
• Additional duties as assigned
Experience and Education Requirements:
• Minimum High School degree or equivalent
• Minimum three years of manufacturing experience working in a food or GMP Manufacturing or Pilot Plant Environment
• Degree in Food Science, Engineering or similar
• Strong organizational skills
• Detail oriented
• Good interpersonal & leadership skills
• Ability to interact with colleagues from other functions to answer questions and plan activities
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Thermal process theory and food safety systems
• Operations of equipment and knowledge of all unit operations
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.