Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
At Nestlé , we provide high-quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions, and support each other's professional development. Join the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life.
We are currently looking for a Automation and electrical technician to join our team. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Assist and support the engineering and IT departments in the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of our programmable logic controllers and other manufacturing software and hardware systems for plant floor operations.
- Works with the IT department on maintenance and troubleshooting of programs and interfaces between the equipment on the plant floor and the IT equipment.
- Responsible for calibration program on all instrumentation.
- Support and needs for building management and security systems.
- Support supervisors in managing training needs: by developing, writing and delivering training on systems as necessary.
- Works with others to development and maintain upkeep of preventative and predictive maintenance procedures in the systems and calibration areas.
- Assists project engineers and others as assigned to test and evaluate equipment being considered for purchase and/or installed.
- Hands-on problem-solving, analysis, troubleshooting, and maintenance that will improve reliability, productivity, and decrease downtime on existing or new equipment.
- Backup to the E&A engineer during vacations and or off shift situations.
- Serves on internal committees as necessary.
- Will support maintenance function on an as needed basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Demonstrated experience and proficiency at a minimum in one of the following programming language – ref. C++, Java, etc. Hands-on knowledge of Allen-Bradley PLC's and programming tools, emphasis in SLC 500 and ControlLogix platforms. Good working knowledge of the Windows operating system and all of the major components of the Microsoft Office package. Very strong electrical and mechanical / operation skills with ability to troubleshoot same area, Must understand concepts and theory of relational databases – i.e.: Access applications, SQL Service. Demonstrated programming and database management (SQL or Access) is preferred. Experience in setting up and maintaining calibration programs. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at or above the performance standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Have the ability to be flexible in performing job responsibilities and able to multi-task.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.