Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career, and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
Provide preliminary design and drafting using AutoCAD 2013 to support Factory Engineering on project activities involving Architectural, Mechanical and Electrical disciplines. Assists with the preparation of supporting documents for capital investment proposals with coordination from within the factory or Group Engineering. Provide design details for tooling used in food production environment. Must be technically competent in AutoCAD 2D, 3D and AutoDesk Inventor with the preparation of industrial drawings used for: equipment tooling, equipment layouts, process flow sheets, P&ID’s, equipment fabrication and architectural, mechanical and electrical disciplines. Prepare specifications to satisfy the full range of design responsibilities for projects. Ability to prepare and assemble a bid package following the AIA specification format. Ability to execute small projects. Good knowledge of both process and packaging design in a food factory environment in order to adequately provide detailed design drawings. Individual must be able and willing to travel to the other factory locations and vendors locations as required.
Ensure that factory key drawings are kept up-to-date and properly archived the factory or site.
Support the factory engineers and operations teams in establishing layouts and flow sheets during the conceptual and basic design phases of projects related to new products, new process lines, and line improvement projects. Propose and define different alternatives to support the Early Management principles.
Supports the engineers or other factory functions with technical concepts and basic design for operational projects, including machine or tooling design using AutoDesk Inventor to support Early Management priciples.
Updates and coordinates technical guidelines and specifications related to drawings. Maintain and ensure standards for engineering drawings are consistently applied in the factory in accordance with Group Engineering drawing standards.
Provide training to factory engineers or any third party contractors engaged in the preparation of factory project or operational drawings.
Must be willing to travel to other Nestlé factories and vendors sites as required to support resident factory project requirements.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Professional certification in industrial design/drafting, specifically using AutoCAD.
• Technically competent and highly proficient in AutoCAD 2D/3D to help support Early Management principles.
• 4 – 6 years of experience in industrial design preferred.
• Work experience in a TPM environment is preferred.
• AutoDesk Inventor or AutoCAD factory design suite experience is a plus.
• Familiarity with applicable hygiene details for food plant design.
• Ability to prepare architectural, mechanical, and electrical designs, in terms of layout, code requirements and specifications.
• Familiarity with multiple engineering discipline coordination, planning and execution.
• Strong drafting and documentation skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment as well as cross-functionally across divisions.
• Work sequence-planning skills.
• Work within multiple teams.
• Good conceptual and technical problem solving skills.
• Proficiency in using MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Web-based programs
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.