Nestlé Coffee Partners is on a mission to elevate how our consumers experience coffee. With brands like Starbucks, Nescafe, Chameleon Cold-Brew, and Blue Bottle, our diverse product portfolio is brimming with rich and fulfilling opportunities for motivated individuals passionate about sharing their love of coffee and the moments it creates. Our Seattle office provides an inspiring and high-energy work environment that fuels our fast-paced growth, and our flexible, field-based positions across the country ensure that we're fully immersed and positioned to pioneer the coffee market. Across our organization, we're creating a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Together, we'll brew remarkable things!
The Sr. Director, Commercial Development & Strategic Pricing is one of the most critical roles in the sales organization as this leader will play the pivotal role of being the intersection of sales with the rest of the organization, driving collaboration and partnership to ensure delivery of business objectives by creating sufficiency in the total market plan and developing tools for our sales teams to drive flawless execution.
This senior leader will lead, develop, and inspire a team to drive category and company growth across Nestlé Coffee Partners (NCP) with an emphasis on priority customers and channels. They will do this by developing and deploying distinct customer go-to-market plans that align NCP brand strategies with key customer and/or channel objectives and by providing strategic direction to each customer/channel. This individual will ensure the development and deployment of price, promotion, assortment, merchandising strategies and tactics that profitably drive category growth and build market share across the NCP portfolio. This leader also acts as a key voice of the customer among the CPG and Sales Leadership Team members including providing upstream input into business strategy and planning processes while playing a critical role in the S&OP process.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and crucial job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Commercial Development/Sales Planning
• Provides strategic direction and vision to Commercial Development team, which leads developing business plans in conjunction with marketing team.
• Leads various planning processes (Sales account review, Annual Operating Plan, etc.).
• Oversees the 4P strategy process, working with Sales Finance, to ensure development of volume, share and contribution objectives, and investment allocation, including fund rates and total resources.
• Central role in all sales functional processes (quarterly reviews, sales meetings, financial accountability on trade funds, etc.).
• Improves selling capabilities and adds customer value through analytics, insights, and continuous improvement.
• Oversees all pricing spanning everyday & promotional pricing, new item launches, price list management, trade funds management, and pricing guardrails for promotion
• Drive the Strategic Revenue Management (SRM) strategy, tactics, and tool development to enable profitable topline growth for NCP CPG.
Retail Operations / Broker Management
• Manage Acosta broker relationship on retail coverage.
• Lead the direction and of priority of focus for NCP to the Nestlé Retail Service team (i.e. retail coverage).
• Leads, develops, and inspires team of leaders to drive category growth and exceed high performance targets.
• Drives development through adoption of capability tools.
• Serves as a role model within the Nestlé Ways of Winning and reinforces critical behaviors through a robust Performance & Development process.
• Leads organization of 30+ people with 3 Director-level direct reports.
Summary of Experience:
• 10+ years of experience in significant and various sales roles at consumer packaged goods companies including both customer-facing and internal customer strategy/planning roles.
• Ability to leverage data and analytics and technology to improve a sales process and gain a competitive advantage in the market.
• Proven ability and experience to drive significant, concrete results throughout career.
• Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Adopts a long-term perspective about the business (customer segments and the external environment). Develops hypotheses or alternative scenarios of how critical issues will play out beyond the year, and uses these to set challenging goals with a future payoff or outcomes.
• Translates business goals into well-defined performance plans for the organization and communicates link between current activities and goals.
• Ability to manage complex and ambiguous issues to get to the root cause and provide a clear path forward with implications.
• Very strong business and financial acumen to come up with profitable solutions.
• Acts to surpass goals, seizing opportunities to push the envelope
• Sets continually higher goals that are ambitious but realistic for self and team, geared to organizational objectives.
• Focuses on new business opportunities that enable business development targets to be exceeded.
• Ability to build strong internal and external relationships, which can be leveraged to drive success.
• Influences, collaborates, and openly debates with the team and peers to manage projects, solve problems, discuss challenging issues, or learn more about critical issues as a group.
• Leverages resources and assets around the organization to maximize output.
• Collaborates with each employee to establish clear, challenging performance goals and metrics for the year.
• Designs a performance management process to monitor projects and deliver results that exceed expectations.
• Creates and develops a high-performing team and individuals to be the futures leaders in NCP and broader Nestlé.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.