You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, and Lean Cuisine, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is encouraged, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
The Growth Mission Manager’s role is to drive the growth, profit, and share for our brands by leading the mining of consumer insights and trends that build a sustainable competitive advantage through innovation. This Growth Mission Manager will be responsible for identifying new opportunities for the portfolio and building the pipelines for our Meals based businesses in brands like Modern Health or Stouffer’s. In this role, you will lead the creation of killer products.
- Ensures the relevance of the brand’s identity, essence, vision, mission, and core values
- Manages projects on time and on budget as well as exhibits decision-making abilities around investment alternatives that mitigate risk and maximize return
- Obsesses over consumers’ enduring motivations, cultural context, and the business landscape; uses marketplace data and trends to more deeply understand our consumers at a human level
- Strategically chart a course for the category, portfolio, and brand using data-driven decision-making; uses the various business planning cycles to build compelling stories to rally internal teams and customers
- Works to produce continuous growth out of total Demand Generation dollars; refreshes our brands for the modern era and scours the entire P&L to deliver what consumers value most
- Leads team to create product strategy that prioritizes powerful and rewarding sensorial experiences like superior taste and alluring packaging; exhibits passionate food and beverage curiosity pertaining to ingredients, techniques, and culinary vernacular
- Collaboration with internal partners like R&D, Technical Applications, Sales, Finance, and Operations as well as external agency partners is paramount in order to plan breakthrough consumer experiences and disruption of the status quo while driving profitable growth. An ideal candidate will embody an “intra-preneurial” approach where this individual owns the business and disrupts the category.
- Partners with Sales and Customers to execute best-in-class strategy and win the sale in an omni-channel environment; understands how to maximize the business at retail and collaborates to deliver results
- Champions Nestlé’s Ways of Winning (Speed, Agility, Collaboration, and Courage). Leads by example to motivate and inspire cross-functional teams supporting the brand to win with consumers.
- Develop a deep understanding of the demographics, psychographics, and behavioral drivers of the brands’ consumers
- Identify and monitor health & wellness trends to asses whether a trend is a fad or a longer term opportunity
- Understand, validate and/or develop the consumer’s hidden universal truths to drive relevant innovation and communication of benefits
- Identify and understand what the brand stands for in the hearts and minds of consumers including brand identity, essence, vision, mission and core values to drive relevant innovation and communication about it
- Identify and address knowledge gaps in consumer, brand, product, business and marketplace in order to build a learning plan in collaboration with our Market Research and R&D teams
- Identify opportunity spaces grounded in consumer and category insights
- Find the brand's unique approach and prioritized consumer benefits it delivers in order to define the brand’s innovation strategy
- Generate concepts, validate with consumers, and assess on key criteria to identify winning platforms to build 2-5 year portfolio pipeline
- Explore and incorporate new approaches to brand innovation in the brand’s innovation strategy including new business models, distribution strategies, licensing agreements and strategic partnerships
- Define the brand’s NHW strategy and incorporate into innovation strategy
- Build business plans and lead commercialization for new product opportunities in collaboration with a diverse cross-functional team
- Develop and manage new product and program handoffs for established business partners to ensure that a smooth transition for new product launch plans is established and in place for launch
Requirements and Minimum Education:
- Minimum 5 years Marketing experience required
- BS/BA in Marketing or related field required; MBA preferred
- Strong drive for results and ability to display leadership, decision-making and analytical skills, effective communication, critical thinking, self-motivation, and a passion for the consumer
- Experience developing strategic brand/product plans, such as commercialization strategies
- Experience connecting with cross-functional teams and agency partners
- Ability to influence and lead others, including those outside of the Marketing function
- Aptitude for identifying consumer insights and transforming them into significant product and marketing innovation
- Deep understanding of key P&L drivers
- Demonstrate critical thinking by analyzing data and synthesizing learning into insights and action to drive strong business results
- Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods Industry (CPG) is preferred
- Strong sense of urgency, even when managing initiatives with long lead times
- Adaptability and flexibility to meet changing priorities and adjust to different management styles
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.