Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We’re in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career, and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
At Nestlé, we pride ourselves in providing training programs that prepare employees for the ever-changing business world. As the largest Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company in the world, we offer an environment that is diverse, challenging and supportive, including hands-on experience and real-world responsibilities that would serve as the springboard for a successful career. It’s because of our collaborative and open business environment that we have been ranked as the number one consumer food products company, in Fortune magazine’s annual survey of the World’s Most Admired companies, for eight consecutive years. Come join our hardworking extraordinary team and thrive in a dynamic and supportive culture.
Job Location – Remote Home Office – Keller, TX
The Retail Sales Representative owns and delivers sales for their overall territory by developing relationships with store managers/personnel to achieve directed short and long-term performance objectives. This is achieved with a focus on delivering the overall value of retail to include Sales, Displays, New Items and Core Distribution. Along with assigned broker merchandiser, leads the overall Nestle relationship at the retail level to include store deployment and execution. Activities center on wall-to-wall sales coverage of Nestlé items, including systemic problem solving related to out of stocks, new item speed to shelf, share of shelf, price compliance, promotion selling and providing direction to dedicated broker partners. Responsible for overall territory business planning to ensure meeting and exceeding client objectives.
Selling Incremental Volume (55% of the time)
• Selling Incremental Volume
• Sell promotional surveys for displays
• Sell incremental quantities for display and obtain maximum support for promoted product
• Sell additional product based on opportunities observed
• Collaborates with targeted store-level/district-level Retail Operations personnel to create and execute business reviews that drive volume
• Leads expenditure of financial resources in a fiscally responsible manner
• May sell new items and promotions at indirect accounts.
Selling Improved Store Pricing (10% of the time)
• Ensures compliance to pricing guidelines at retail level
• Reports competitive price changes and promotional support and resolves competitive pricing issues
Selling Improved Inventory and Retail Shelf Conditions along with dedicated Broker Merchandiser (20% of the time)
• Identify and correct voids
• Ensure new items are available
• Merchandise products to obtain schematic compliance
• Pack out shelves, rotate products, handle unsellable product
• Resolve systemic problems related to out-of-stocks and voids
• Monitors shelf to ensure share of shelf
Communications with Store Personnel (15% of the time)
• Develops and maintains proper relations with department/store level personnel within territory in order maximize sales results
• Communicates market insights from the retail level to management
Reports to the Regional Retail Sales Manager and works with Retail Store Managers and Personnel, Retail Sales Director, Merchandisers, Walmart Operations Manager, other RSRs and the Walmart team.
Key Measures of Success:
• Achievement of scorecard objectives weighted against peer results
• Sales volume
• Expanded distribution
• Traited Distribution
• Promotion sales
• New item speed to shelf
• Compliance with directed store call procedures.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / FUNCTIONAL SKILLS
• Ability to learn the role and responsibilities of the position.
• Ability to speak Spanish
• Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others.
• Detail oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment.
• You will have the opportunity to solve common problems experienced in a retail environment.
• Excellent selling skills.
• Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Power Point, Word and Access and Outlook).
• Knowledge of retail customer operations.
• Ability to analyze financial, inventory, retail conditions and/or other data to adapt appropriate selling approach.
• Ability to learn and utilize customer technology in everyday job functions.
• Ability to balance tasks in a time conscious manner achieving coverage goals.
• Ability to run within a financial budget.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL
• BS/BA desired; or equivalent
• 0-2 years sales related and/or consumer product goods experience preferred
• Valid Driver’s License
• Varied work week
• Ability to lift and carry 55 pounds
• Certification on customer technology where applicable
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.