For thirty years, Nestlé Purina has been proud to call St. Joseph, MO home. Located an hour north of Kansas City, the community of 77,000 people is packed with character, rich history and nationally acclaimed quality of life – just like Nestlé Purina is. The city was recognized with the All-America City Award, given to communities with citizens who work together to pinpoint and address community-wide challenges and achieve exceptional results. Carrying forward that spirit, since 1985, our wet dog and cat food factory in St. Joseph has provided employment, and a special home for many of our associates who work passionately each day to annually produce millions of cases of Fancy Feast® and Beneful® Prepared Meals – two flagship Nestlé Purina brands. Our associates’ work goes far beyond the bag and the can. They are very passionate about their support for the United Way and United Cerebral Palsy foundations, raising $750,000 over the past five years. Joining the Nestlé Purina factory in St. Joseph means you are joining more than a pet food company, but also a very driven and close-knit team focused on safety, personal growth, development and community. Our St. Joseph factory has enjoyed increased production and reinvestment, including a $30 million project to remodel our pet food kitchen, as well as installation of new raw ingredient processing equipment. This attention to safety and quality, matched by a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and renovation, helps us to attain our fullest potential. So, if your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the mix?
At Nestlé Purina PetCare, we’re a “safety first” culture, driven by a zero accident, zero defect, zero waste mentality. As a Staff Engineer, you will design, estimate and execute plant capital projects while investigating and resolving plant operational issues.
- Engage on the floor with the workforce, understanding how everything works to aid in the design.
- Support production and maintenance teams with continuous improvement projects on the factory floor.
- Supervise contractors on assigned projects.
- Manage assigned projects within an approved capital budget.
- Work with the Plant’s Safety Manger to complete new-equipment pre-start up safety checklist.
- Assist finance department with the management and tracking of fixed assets throughout the facility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or related discipline
- 4+ years' experience in Plant Engineering or Project Management within a manufacturing, production, warehouse, or military environment
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.