The position will provide engineering technical support to the facilities and utilities maintenance department. In this role, the individual will assist with plan, design, implement and continuous improvement systems to enhance business objectives and operational performance. Additional responsibilities include assisting with developing and managing data collection systems for continuous feedback to production and maintenance as well as assist with the preparation and execution of capital and expense projects.
Assist Engineers with the following:
- Project execution – support the process portion of maintenance and investment projects from beginning to end:
- Design – develop bill of materials, cost estimates, timelines, create/update P&ID and other mechanical drawings
- Procurement – develop bid specifications, order components, perform bid analysis
- Execution – new and existing equipment checkout, mechanical device configuration (valves, instruments, etc.), contractor management (piping, insulation, millwrights), I/O checkout, testing, start-up, validation support, and documentation updates.
Operations support – Assist maintenance and engineering team with SOP, LOTO, Logsheet, and PM creation and optimization.
- Collect and analyze data and make appropriate observations/recommendations to project team.
- Support new equipment design and development.
Safety and Environmental:
- Follow all plant safety rules
- Report incidents and unsafe conditions immediately
- Maintain compliance with all safety and environmental regulations, policies, and objectives
- Follow Nestle GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Report food safety and quality issues immediately
- Maintain compliance with all food safety and quality regulations, policies, and objectives
Employee shall follow Fremont Factory safety & environmental objectives & targets, follow the plant safety rules, report unsafe conditions immediately, report incidents immediately or by the end of the shift, maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in mechanical, chemical, manufacturing, or related engineering field. Achievement of at least junior status of course work.
Preferred: Classroom and/or laboratory experience with fluid, heat transfer, and measurement systems related coursework.
- Excellent Communication Skills (written, verbal, collaborative, and interpersonal).
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Reading and understanding mechanical drawings (piping, P&IDs).
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment.
- Self-directed, detail oriented.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.