You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Nespresso, Nesquik, Toll House, and DiGiorno, as well as new discoveries and exciting acquisitions like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re creating a workplace where collaboration is important, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
As a Brand Marketing Associate on our premier plant-based food brand, Sweet Earth, you will play a critical role in driving the innovation strategy and execution to deliver business growth, expand brand equity and engage with consumers to ensure executional excellence of our annual business plans. In this role, you'll leverage actionable insights to drive end-to-end optimization, inform innovation, and unlock consumer & customer value for sustainable profitable growth and brand performance. This role executes key innovation activities by collaborating with sales, shopper marketing, operations, product development and finance on various product launch related initiatives.
- Leverage consumer, shopper and marketplace data to support defining a brand’s short-term and long-term innovation strategy. In collaboration with cross-functional and external experts, lead innovation projects in support of the brand’s innovation strategy such as new idea generation and validation, commercialization strategies and plans and channel- or customer-specific opportunities.
- Identify innovation and renovation opportunities and lead initiatives in support of the brand’s nutrient dense, plant-based proposition.
- Assist with the development and execution of a product strategy for a brand.
- Lead cross-functional teams to launch products with speed and agility (within 9 months), taking in to consideration both marketplace and internal (financial/technical) dynamics.
- Use consumer and marketplace data and trends to support developing a deeper understanding of the demographics, psychographics, and behavioral drivers of the brand’s consumer
- Dive into demand landscape for the consumer/brand by utilization of digial insight tools.
- Manage brand projects and assignments in a way that demonstrates an understanding of key consumer insights and an ability to activate them in relevant innovation and other product related activities.
- Support the brand’s need to identify and understand what the brand stands for in the hearts and minds of consumers including brand identity, essence, vision, mission and core values to drive relevant innovation and other product related activities.
- Leverage data, trends and support from Manager, Shopper Marketing and Market Research to help build a robust and actionable learning plan to address knowledge gaps in consumer, brand, product, business and marketplace learnings.
- Use brand, consumer and marketplace data and trends to support Manager in developing an annual innovation plan to closely align the efforts of Marketing and Sales to generate optimal demand for the brand.
- Prepare, present and sell-in aspects of the brand plan to management, cross-functional partners and external stakeholders (e.g. retailers).
- Assists in creating the annual communications plan to support innovation launches.
- Support Manager in implementing a 3-year consumer centric innovation plan to drive and/or sustain long-term brand health including awareness, trial and loyalty.
- Leverage data to inform future pipeline efforts and recommendations.
- Assists in achieving corporate objectives on Market Share, Sales Volume Growth, Brand Health, Marketing ROI and Product Performance
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Bachelor Degree and a minimum of 3 years of work experience in consumer marketing, brand management or product management; OR a Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing, MBA or related field is required.
- Experience working in a start up company environment is preferred
- Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods Industry (CPG) is preferred
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams and agency partners is preferred
- Experience leveraging sophisitcated data and trends to generate insights to understand consumer behavior (ie Nielsen or IRi)
SKILLS AND FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Marketing Strategy
- Digital Prowess
- Consumer Engagement
- Consumer Insight and Empathy
- Brand Knowledge and Advocacy
Nestlé Leadership Framework Key Competencies:
- Understand the Business Environment
- Practice What You Preach
- Results Focus
- Know Yourself
- Proactive Cooperation
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.