Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career, and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
The Trainer is responsible for assisting the Training Supervisor in the preparation of training materials (SOPs,One Point Lessons, Hands on Demonstration Checklist), validating Standard Operating Procedures, delivering training to and assessing new employees on related job duties, tasks and steps. Trainer will ensure training systems are in place and are in compliance with internal and external policies, protocol, regulations, and requirements including Safety, Quality, NQMS, HR, OSHA, ISO, NGA, NMA, and Education and Training Pillar Methodlogy.
- Administer Hands on Demonstration assessments to verify transfer of knowledge and validate that employee can perform job to standard
- Conduct training audits of department employees to identify training gaps, conduct on the job training to correct deficiencies and retest
- Record trainee progress and audit results using Competency Matrices (Skills Matrix) and Training matrices
- Create and teach necessary steps for effective and efficient changeover, start up and shutdown activities
- Directly or indirectly (using SMEs) train employees to operate, clean, service and troubleshoot equipment
- Prepare training materials (SOPs, One Point Lessons, Hands on Demonstration Checklist) using Microsoft Office programs
- Validate training materials (SOPs, One Point Lessons, Hands on Demonstration, Checklist) using subject matter experts, consulting with process engineers, other resources, vendors and peers, and performing duties, tasks and steps per instructions
- Ensure Regulatory Compliance and adherence to the quality standards outlined in the HACCP plan, QMS and other quality SOPs
- Communicate regularly with trainees, leadership team members and Training Supervisor
- Work with peers and the team to make recommendations on how to improve the operations to optimize production with positive contribution to all key plant indicators safety, quality, cost, and service
- Work with others to conduct Root Cause Analysis using basic problem solving tools
- Follow-up on issues and actions to ensure that they are completed and that the issues are addressed
- Become proficient in operational procedures of equipment to be trained
- Perform Lock Out Tag Out as required
- Maintain housekeeping
- Work safely and report any unsafe situations
- And other duties as assigned
Supervision is directly from the Site Training Supervisor or HR Manager.
Deliver products and services within budget and on time ensuring capability building for NCE implementation.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Two year degree required. Train the Trainer Certification and BA or BS preferred.
Two years related work experience or post-secondary education.
- Demonstrated training abilities.
- Able to work with computers (navigating systems, recording information, using to find information to perform the job, creating SOPS, One Point Lessons, speadsheets, data entry and email communications) MS OFFICE expereience preferred
- Ability and willingness to deliver training and presentions to groups of up to 15 members
- Excellent written and verbal commincation skills
- Proactive individual that takes responsibility for equipment, line, coworkers and the continuous improvement of the operation
- Able to work in a team environment where honest communication, a positive attitude, engagement, and personal accountability is expected
- Detail oriented individual who can accurately record and document information
- Able to work off-shifts, weekends & extended shifts (i.e. 10 hrs., 12 hrs.)
- Has positive conflict management skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Accountable for personal development & improvement
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment & handle multiple tasks
- May require internal & external certification (Train the Trainer, etc)
- Ability and willingness to operate and support a positive Nestle culture and follow established values
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.