Our Nestlé Purina factory in Dunkirk is strategically located along Lake Erie’s Historic Chadwick Bay Harbor, which is situated 50 miles southwest of Buffalo, New York. With miles of Great Lakes waterfront and beaches, ski resorts, vineyards and boutique wineries, our associates are proud to call Dunkirk a hidden gem. Since its opening in 1971, various expansions to the processing and warehousing towers have taken place to accommodate increasing production of great brands like Pro Plan®, Beggin®, T-Bonz®, and Busy®. In 2016, the facility accomplished “Zero Waste to Landfill” status meaning all discarded materials are directed to destinations that specialize in recovering the ecological and/or economic value of the material. As a part of Nestlé sustainability efforts, we’ve also decreased our water usage by 20% since 2012 and power our production using 65% renewable energy, a number that continues to increase.
As the Logistics Manager, you will maintain direct responsibility for all activities within the Customer Service, and Warehouse functions at the Dunkirk plant. Also, you will ensure a superior level of customer service in support of sales and marketing activities within the Dunkirk Regional Team. Most important to remember is that regardless of which factory you join, we’re all family. Your needs are our responsibility — job security, benefits, safety, and career growth. But, we leave it up to you to shape our future. Feel empowered to innovate. Share ideas. Do what’s never been done before. Dare to Stand Taller.
- Monitor and direct order management, warehouse shipping schedules, and transportation execution in order to achieve on-time delivery performance and order fill rates.
- Supervise the administrative work flow to ensure accuracy, timeliness, regulatory, and standards compliance.
- Evaluate equipment and facility upgrades to support continuous improvement.
- Develop innovative programs to continuously improve cost, quality, and service.
- Establish and maintain a personal level of communication with customers, including periodic visits to key accounts.
- Develop the annual department budget and ensure execution of plan to achieve cost objectives.
- Teach, motivate, and develop people resources to support departmental goal.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics, Transportation, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a Supervisory or Management role within Warehouse, Transportation, Demand & Supply Planning, or related Military environment.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-877-204-8650.