As the nation’s leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we’re also committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of five business units: Corporate, Commercial, Supply Chain, Technical & Production and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you’ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that’s challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You’ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions – all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
Choose a career in Technical & Production and you’ll be part of our manufacturing backbone – and a crucial element of our success. Our factories are where our products start their journey to the customer. This area of Nestlé Waters offers you the chance to experience collaboration in its purest form as you work alongside a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people in our Technical & Production factories spread across the nation. What you do will be fulfilling, impactful and meaningful – not least is you’ll be helping to deliver healthy hydration to millions of thirsty customers. We’ll make sure you have the strong leadership and clear direction you need to feel motivated and passionate about accomplishing great things. While you take a pride in delivering an excellent performance, you’ll see your contributions are recognized and rewarded with an outstanding level of support, training and benefits – everything you need to grow and thrive in your career.
We are currently seeking a Product Innovation Engineer to join ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. This role will be an integral part of the ReadyRefresh team, tasked with driving innovation in the Appliance / Beverage Dispenser product line. This role will focus efforts in three primary areas. First, the Innovation Engineer will be responsible for the electro-mechanical design and development of products, by collaborating with the Marketing and Innovation groups to translate requirements into feasible, technical designs. Second, the Engineer will assess the current Appliance and Beverage Dispenser portfolio, improve upon current designs, and develop ideas for new products. Finally, this role will play a pivotal role in the realization of product designs by driving product manufacturing, including collaborating with procurement in negotiating manufacturing contracts, and communicating with manufacturers to ensure that technical designs are executed according to plan. As a newly-established role, the selected candidate will have the opportunity to shape and contribute to the evolution of the role to fit the needs of the business. This position will be based in Somerset, NJ at ReadyRefresh’s Equipment Service Center (ESC) and will require travel up to 25% of the time to various locations such as Nestlé Waters’ corporate headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut, vendors, etc.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with Marketing to proactively contribute to the new appliance ideation process from initial concept development through manufacturing and execution
• Translate Appliance design requirements from Marketing and other business peers into executable product design specifications
• Drive innovative designs that will satisfy consumer needs, with a focus on designing products that better anticipate the needs of consumers
• Maintain ownership of all aspects of the engineering of identified products, from initial concept development, throughout all stages of the development and manufacturing processes
• Conduct research regarding emerging technologies or design trends that may be applicable to Appliance innovation, and incorporate into product designs
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams including marketing, manufacturing, supply chain, and engineering in order to deliver well-designed and engineered, consumer-centric solutions
• Create working models of new product concepts using 3D design software (Solid Works / Pro E)
• Conduct technical feasibility analysis of conceptual models
• Rapidly design, model and test physical product prototypes to be tested for consumer appeal
• Identify and select materials needed for production
• Identify appropriate production / manufacturing schedules and channels
• Participate in the selection and qualification process for appliance manufacturer alongside procurement
• Develop quality standards for manufactured products
• Develop and execute test plans and QA/QC procedures, and present findings to a broad, cross-functional audience
• Investigate design issues and test failures, and effectively drive corrective action
• Work with Marketing to develop long-term strategy for Appliance’s role in broader appliance ecosystem – where it fits, what technologies are required, and what investments are needed
• Interface with Marketing, Engineering and Supply Chain peers to leverage best practices around Sourcing, Product Development, and Manufacturing
• Utilize consumer trend reports and other consumer-focused research to inform appliance innovations and create action-plans to execute upon consumer trend findings
Key success measures associated with this position include, but are not limited to:
• Development of innovative products that satisfy consumer needs
• Creation of technical design documents for new products
• Product improvement recommendations and execution
• Development of product prototypes
• Quality of products designed, measured by customer satisfaction
Key qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• 8+ years of experience in engineering / product development roles
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical, Materials or other Design Engineering degrees
• Appliance or Beverage background preferred
• Advanced technical skills in CAD or similar engineering / technical design software
• Extensive experience in product design and technical design documentation
• Experience collaborating with business peers to understand product requirements, and translating requirements into technical designs
• Experience upholding high product quality standards
• Strong understanding of core manufacturing processes and costing – tooling, compressors, injection molding, die casting, etc.
• Basic understanding of material properties and the ability to suggest materials based on performance and cost requirements
• Experience managing a manufacturing process, including the ability to assess production quality
• Consumer-focused mindset, including advanced understanding of current trends in consumer technologies and designs
• Working knowledge of the Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem, including relevant hardware and software providers
• Entrepreneurial self-starter with proven track record of working autonomously to drive concrete business outcomes
• Up to 25% travel required to interface with teams at Nestlé Waters headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut, as well as vendors and manufacturers
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation’s leading bottled water company. Our brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, and Nestlé Pure Life.. We’re passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship – most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package – something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It’s not just the work that you’ll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you’ll receive exactly the kind of benefits you’d expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?