Equipment Cleaner is responsible for cleaning, sanitizing and storing all equipment, parts and tools that come into the Pan and Parts Cleaning Room. Must also be available to meet the plants demands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
All Equipment Cleaners:
1. Clean and sanitize all equipment and utensils that come into the Pan Room.
2. Disassemble equipment prior to cleaning and assemble equipment after it is cleaned.
3. Operate Bin Washer, Pallet Washer, and Parts Washer.
4. Operate chemical dispensing equipment.
5. Properly store clean equipment in designated area.
6. Clean and maintain Equipment Storage Room.
7. Clean and operate in COP room, including how to clean and build Murzan pumps.
8. Perform all job duties in accordance with the company’s safety guidelines.
9. Properly use all personal protective gear per company guidelines.
10. Assure timely cleaning and sanitation of all equipment and assure absence of down time.
11. Accurately complete all required documentation.
12. Dispose of trash and clean work area thoroughly.
13. Remove any unused product, boxes and utensils and assure clear and clean work area.
14. Complete all jobs in any area as assigned by supervisors.
15. Work any Sanitation assignment as directed by supervisor.
16. Assure regular and timely attendance per company guidelines.
17. Work overtime as assigned by supervisor.
18. Work shutdown as assigned.
19. Participate in on-going training to enhance knowledge and skills.
20. Check chemical levels in machines and fill when necessary
21. Stock and replace chemical drums.
22. Perform other duties as assigned.
23. Perform machine/chemical titrations.
24. Operate a floor scrubber.
25. Enter Work Order notifications.
26. Perform Safety and Quality Risk Predictions.
27. Perform FHF requirements.
28. Know/understand and be able to look up LOTO procedures for any job needing performed.
May be required to work in Production, Packaging and other plant areas.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty at or above the performance standard.  The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.  Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school education or GED preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple to more complex instructions, formulas, policies and procedures.  Ability to write simple correspondence.  Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.  Ability to perform these operations using units weight measurement, volume and distance.
Basic computer knowledge.  Ability to comprehend internal inventory system and input data accurately.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.  Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must pass physical capacity evaluation test.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.  Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear.  The employee is frequently required to climb ladders or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.  The employee will frequently push or pull screw conveyors, agitators, carts pallets, bins, brutes, dust collectors, Axiflow pumps, lug racks or cylinders.
The employee must constantly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.  Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.  Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and food fumes or airborne food particles.  The employee is frequently exposed to wet and warm conditions, and occasionally exposed to high places.  The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.