Nestlé Coffee Partners (NCP) is on a mission to elevate how our consumers experience coffee and tea. With brands like Starbucks, Nescafe, Chameleon, and Teavana, our diverse product portfolio is brimming with rich and fulfilling opportunities for motivated individuals passionate about sharing their love of coffee and the moments it creates. Our Seattle office provides an inspiring and high-energy work environment that fuels our fast-paced growth, and our flexible, field-based positions across the country ensure that we are fully immersed and positioned to pioneer the coffee market. Across our organization, we are creating a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Together, we will brew remarkable things!
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Nestlé Coffee Partners' success by leading business performance reporting and driving growth through the development of new products and product-related marketing opportunities. Identifies opportunities for new products, develops strategic assessments, leads product commercialization and associated marketing, and manages the product performance against operating plans and budgets to achieve Nestlé Coffee Partners financial and business objectives.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyzes, synthesizes, and crafts compelling stories from data by merging trends from research with fact-based business insights to arrive at strategic recommendations.
- Drives “renovation” strategy and commercialization against operating plans and budgets by analyzing product performance vs. expectations and providing meaningful action plans to address variances in performance against annual plan.
- Develops and manages product-line business plans by crafting the business case for new products to support growth and profitability targets and making recommendations regarding product objectives and strategy, positioning, pricing, and packaging.
- Manages cross functional teams and timelines to deliver products and integrated launch programs for new products, including marketing plans.
- Supports qualitative and quantitative research to develop key findings and recommended actions.
- Provides input into the strategic plan for product(s) managed.
- Develops and manages integrated marketing plans for brand and product initiatives. Creates and/or provides input to recommendations regarding marketing plan objectives, strategy, messaging, marketing mix, and tactics.
- Develops, manages, and tracks marketing budgets, timelines, and processes from kickoff to execution and ensures effective and timely development and execution of programsContributes to consumer positioning, creative brief development, and supports all-agency creative briefing. Evaluates creative concepts and effectively provides creative feedback to internal and external agencies.
- Identifies and quantifies specific product drivers in support of marketing calendar strategies.
- Leads cross-functional teams and timelines to develop new products and product-related marketing opportunities, from concept to commercialization.
- Contributes to the innovation strategy reflecting competitive and consumer trends and market needs.
- May assist in creation and maintenance of platform/product positioning and guardrails.
- Monitors the marketplace for new product innovations, competitors, lifestyle trends and emerging technologies.
Summary of Experience:
- At least 3+ years of progressive experience in product or brand management
- Experience in a role supporting marketing, brand management or product management and leading the development of new/existing products or strategies from conception to implementation
- 1+ years of experience in a professional role managing a budget
- 1+ years of experience with syndicated data platforms (IRi or Nielsen)
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of US military experience required
- Master's degree in Business, Marketing, MBA preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written, verbal communications and problem-solving skills consistently uses these skills to influence others to achieve goals
- Ability to confidently present objectives and desired outcomes to leadership and cross functional teams
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines and work both independently and as collaborator
- Solid understanding of financial planning, forecasting, assortment planning and inventory management
- Build a level of trust and respect amongst peer group. Recognizes the importance of solid relationships
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.