Our pet food factory in Zanesville is favorably located along the banks of the Muskingum River in scenic east-central Ohio halfway between Columbus and Wheeling, West Virginia. Originally under the ownership of BENCO Pet Foods, this 100-year-old facility was acquired by Nestlé Purina in 1987 and has since evolved as we’ve innovated and renovated our portfolio of products, processes and technical equipment. Zanesville is the only Nestlé Purina location that produces Alpo® Meal Helpers and Moist & Meaty® and Beneful Simple Goodness for all of the United States and Canada, packaged and shipped with the utmost quality and nutrition.
As the Processing Operator, you will be responsible for using good manufacturing practices in order to produce high quality pet food. You’ll train in several functional areas within the manufacturing environment so you can effectively provide support to our production teams. Since safety is a top priority at Purina, much of your responsibility will focus on ensuring that our equipment and machinery remain in top-notch condition. Your ability to acclimate and problem solve quickly will be critically important as unforeseen equipment issues may arise throughout the normal operation day.
Over 120 years in existence, we’ve grown our passionate Nestlé Purina Family as we’ve grown the breadth of our business. Your needs are our responsibility—job security, benefits, safety, and career growth. But, we leave it up to you to shape our future and your career aspirations. Join the Nestlé Purina Family to support something so much greater – bettering the lives of pets everywhere.
- Safely and efficiently operate, troubleshoot, and make minor repairs on operating equipment and use lock out procedures, as prescribed.
- Rotate through different positions within the department based off production need.
- Perform quality checks and ensure all ingredient and product specifications are met.
- Check and maintain correct paperwork, daily logs, and batching sheets following traceability procedures.
- Reference and update standard operating procedures.
- Utilize computer technology to effectively perform job requirements.
- Perform sanitation duties and material handling
Performs all other duties as assigned
- Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience: 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing, production, military, or related environment
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission–you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.