For more than 100 years, Purina has led the charge in revolutionizing pet food production and its ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. Nestle Purina has a large presence in Oklahoma City (OKC) with one of our dry pet food factories located just 10 miles outside of downtown in Edmond. Having served as a production facility for many years in this area as producers of Dog Chow®, Puppy Chow®, Beneful® and Purina ONE® brands, we have left a big paw print on this charming western city.
As the Assistant Production Manager, you will provide support to Production Management that will help facilitate continuous cost reduction and process improvement efforts at the plant level. You will use computer based technologies, statistical techniques, data analysis, and Nestle Industrial Performance tools. Your recommendations will impact efficiency, cost reduction, and waste reduction throughout the plant. You will be a key contributor to our TPM pillars.
- Motivate and coach production team to attain high levels of performance
- Coordinate all activities with Maintenance, Engineering, and Quality Assurance to ensure that all goals are achieved
- Assist Operations Management in regards to supervision and management of production areas as needed
- Analyze plant floor data and provide feedback that will enable process improvements
- Work with plant management to identify cost saving initiatives
- Provide problem solving expertise by identifying root causes for problem areas and recommending solutions
- Identify best practices and provide training to enable process improvements and reduce changeover times
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years’ experience in a manufacturing, production, military or related environment
- 2+ years’ management leadership experience
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission–you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.