For more than 100 years, Purina has led the charge in revolutionizing pet food production and its ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. Nestle Purina has a large presence in Oklahoma City (OKC) with one of our dry pet food factories located just 10 miles outside of downtown in Edmond. Having served as a production facility for many years in this area as producers of Dog Chow®, Puppy Chow®, Beneful® and Purina ONE® brands, we have left a big paw print on this charming western city.
As an HR Generalist, you are responsible for providing HR support to the assigned Nestle Purina business unit with regard to labor/employee relations, compensation, performance management, policy interpretation, workforce planning, human resources investigations, recruiting, leave management, employment law, training and development and HR administrative processes.
- Manage employee and labor relations activities in the factory.
- Develop and provide training solutions for hourly and salaried members.
- Oversee recruiting/staffing activities to find and select top talent for open positions.
- Counsel, coach and drive continuous improvement efforts pertaining to the working environment.
- Assist with performance evaluations, development plans and succession planning.
- Manage leaves of absences, short-term disability program (salaried), sickness and accident leaves (hourly), FMLA requests and related personnel policy issues.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local regulations and Nestle standards.
Assist HR Manager with other tasks as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related discipline
- 3+ years’ Human Resources experience in a manufacturing, warehouse, or related environment.
- 3+ years’ labor relations experience.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission–you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.