Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career, and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
Nestlé is seeking an experienced, holistic thinker who is an intellectually curious and future-focused Leadership Learning professional to join our U.S. Learning and Development team. This position will immediately support Nestlé USA (NUSA) and Nestlé Professional (NP) and will expand to support additional Operating Companies in the US.
This position will develop training, development and performance improvement solutions for managers and employees throughout the organization. This position will work closely with global headquarters and NUSA/NP Learning Council to continuously identify and help implement industry-leading practices. Through partnership with business leaders, HR generalists and other training and development professionals, this position will analyze needs, then design, develop, implement and evaluate both instructional and non-instruction performance solutions. In addition, this role will be responsible for designing and delivering training programs, coaching functional learning leaders on best practices around facilitation, instructional design and program management and facilitating intact team sessions across the business.
Design Corporate Learning & Development Solutions
• Partner with key stakeholder groups to design, prioritize and deliver L&D solutions including competency model creation, assessments, matrices, etc.
• Design, build & maintain HR learning & development solutions including: core learning materials / curriculum, identification of 70-20-10 activities and delivery of L&D activities.
• Facilitate courses (virtual and in-person) and/or focus groups to design L&D activities and related content.
• Partner with managers, HR Business Partners and senior leaders throughout the Company to assess and analyze learning needs based on performance, talent planning and assessment data.
• Lead intact team sessions to take the learning content deeper and guide the group to get to their own conclusions/actions to improve team effectiveness.
• Participate in leadership discussions / decisions related to competency identification and solutions to close proficiency gaps, including talent assessments and talent development of HR resources.
• Partner with HR generalists to identify & deliver L&D solutions for high potential employees.
• Participate in leadership meetings when “people development” topics are identified/discussed.
• Communicate directly with HR organization regarding all L&D activities.
• Lead all aspects of the organization and management of HR special projects related to talent development.
Program Management, Delivery & Execution
• Build and maintain annual strategy to develop, execute and maintain HR L&D activities
• Develop and deliver courses in a variety of formats, including: classroom and other blended learning platforms including Adobe Connect.
• Partner with Corporate L&D & Learning Council team to ensure course curriculum is available on-line and incorporated into the LMS tracking systems.
• Design or collaborate with instructional designers (internal or external) to design course content.
• Partner with Functional and Corporate L&D teams to identify and align learning solutions with common needs.
• Assess and audit the efficiency of all learning and development initiatives against predefined metrics.
• Lead learning projects on time and within budget.
• Partner with HR Business Partners to assist in the development of learning plans
• Provide facilitation and advising to HR Business Partners and COE’s as needed.
• Stay ahead of market information/best practices relating to adult learning methodologies, association matters, member issues, technology advancements, etc.
Requirements and Minimum Education Level:
• BS/BA in Business Administration, Human Resources, training and development, organization development, or a related field required.
• MS/MA/MBA is preferred.
• Position requires 15 to 20% travel.
• Leadership Development, Assessments and Coaching Certifications a plus
• 5+ years in Learning and Development with emphasis on leadership development, working across all organization levels.
• Outstanding facilitation and course design skills utilizing Instructional System Design process
• Outstanding EQ and excellent stakeholder management
• Ability to successfully deploy and implement large-scale projects
• Ability to work independently and lead cross functional teams
• Strong organizational and/or project management skills required
• Effective verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex concepts in business terms
• Ability to work well on cross functional project teams while executing a large-scale project from vision through implementation
• Demonstrates ability to translate complex concepts into simple process flows
• Proven strategic and innovative thinking skills
• Strong business acumen
• Ability to conceptualize creative solutions, document them, and present/sell them to senior management
• Ability to take calculated risks effectively to forward the learning agenda
• Leads in a scalable way and is to demonstrate a sense of scrappiness or roll up your sleeves attitude when needed
• Proven knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
• Strong interpersonal skills (i.e., listening, counseling and coaching, negotiation skills)
• Intermediate skill with Microsoft Office Suite
• Candidate has strength in the areas of speed, agility, collaboration and courage.