You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, and Lean Cuisine, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is encouraged, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
The goal of the Electricity & Automation and Industrial Services team within Nestle USA is to drive the identification, development and industrialization of modern manufacturing technologies, provide technical assistance leading to people safety and assets efficiency, and support building people capabilities to enable our factories to produce affordable, high quality products using less natural resources.
The Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Engineering role at Nestle USA is a key position in driving the current and future digital systems at our factories. As part of the Engineering team, we have to assess, plan and deliver, together with factories, a solid MES strategy and execution for the US market. Our team also focuses on improvement of our production lines to reduce losses and improve yield. The use of technologies like MES and Automation in addition to Data Analytics and Mobile devices, will enable this progress.
• You will assess and analyze current conditions in NUSA factories related to the MES area, bringing a systematic and sustainable plan to upgrade or deploy solutions
• You will execute the improvement plan with the full participation of the MES-E&A teams in the factories as well as other support teams like Quality, Industrial Performance and IT
• You will apply new standards working closely throughout the global and local Digital, IT and Electricity and Automation networks
• You will research, experiment and deliver the actual and future trends on connected manufacturing shop floor, including new technologies like machine learning, data analytics, vision systems and robotics
• You will lead market networks in MES to provide regular training sessions for the regional engineering and IT community
• You will support capital projects
• You will work with Process Engineers at Nestle USA and our related Product Technology Centers (R&D)
• You will interact regularly with Nestle USA's Electricity & Automation managers, project managers and engineers, production supervisors and managers, quality management teams, continuous improvement teams, suppliers, contractors, and the hourly workforce
• You will work with our Global Corporate Engineering and IT teams
• You will work to reduce factory losses (cost avoidance) improving the yield of production lines and reducing unplanned machine stoppages
Qualifications & requirements:
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering, preferably electrical and/or automation engineering/technology or equivalent
• Willing to travel throughout the United States/Canada up to 50% of the time
• Strong communication and willing to work as a standout colleague
• Bring business insight in a technical environment
• Programming experience in software development context.
• Exposure to automated data collection, databases, visualization, quality and efficiency in manufacturing, SCADA, automated decision control
• Exposure to enterprise level large-scale applications
• Experience with SQL programming and databases
• Experience with IT environment or organization
• Experience to application integration to factory floor equipment
• Minimum 3 years industry experience in software development, programming, or engineering discipline
• Experience with development and deployment of MES systems. One or more of the following systems will be a plus – HMI, PLC applications, advanced analytics, machine learning, vision systems, robotics
• Result driven
• Analytical skills in problem solving – ability to think objectively through various options and scenarios
• Strong conflict resolution and transversal leadership skills
• Strong technical skills
• Ability to adapt quickly to changes
• Knowledge of food industry or other process driven industries
• Passionate about new technologies