Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We’re in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day! Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career, and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you!
Accountable for providing HR support to all salaried and hourly employees and management through effective communication and administration across all functions of the facility. Under the direction of the HR Manager, the Training Specialist oversees recruitment, employee development, employee relations/labor relations, policy/contract interpretation, compensation administration and legal compliance. This individual will build a solid Training Program “cradle to grave” during the employee’s life cycle. Content creation, facilitation expertise and KPI’s around training will be crucial in this role. Responsible for “competency and capabilities” build out for the Factory.
HR Execution: Provide flawless execution of the People strategy processes that attract, train, and retain employees to support the organization’s short- and long-term business needs. Support Nestlé initiatives such as the Nestlé Management and Leadership Principles and the NUSA HR Market Business Strategy. Execute workforce planning processes for the organization such as recruitment, talent development, succession planning, and realignments/restructures. Ensure the culture & working environment is open, empowering, fair and equitable.
Delivery of HR services: Execute HR Service delivery through HR Specialty areas and NBS HR Service delivery streams. Ensure all service levels are met/exceeded. Examples: Training: Organize and implement training/development programs that meet the goals and objectives of the team/individual. Recruiting: Define candidate profiles to ensure the right talent is selected to align with business requirements. Compensation: Ensure pay for performance philosophy and maintenance of equitable compensation of employees based on incumbent and market data.
Performance & Talent Management: Utilize the performance, talent and succession planning management systems to help drive the achievement of company goals through objective and development plan setting, performance calibration, and talent development. Communicate to People Managers (and drives usage of) all tools available that will assist individual and team performance improvement at all levels. Provide counsel and guidance to Leadership on all people management and development issues.
Employee / Labor Relations: Establish and Maintain effective “win – win” working relationships with (and between) managers, employees and the union (where applicable). Maintain relationships with employees at all levels of the organization. Promote and champion an environment of open communication and honest, candid feedback. Handle investigations when required.
NCE / TPM: Support NCE / TPM initiative by providing tools, techniques and resources to align NCE / TPM goals between business and operations, drive employee engagement, and improve plant performance. Also support plant safety focus by driving people related safety goals and initiatives.
Requirements, minimum education level, and experience:
• A Bachelor’s (BA or BS) in Human Resource Management or related field (e.g. Business, Organizational Communication, Industrial Psychology) required.
• 3 years (or more) experience in a HR Generalist/Trainer or Representative role in a Manufacturing Plant, Distribution Center, Sales or DSD environment.
• Change management experience – implementation of a change project within a non-corporate setting (i.e.such as implementing the new service or benefit concept to employees)
• Human Resource experience should include familiarity with and experience in recruitment, employee relations and employee communications. Must have knowledge of basic HR laws and applications. Employee relations/coaching and performance management experience.
• Training experience &ndash candidate must have hands on experience with creating and maintaining a solid Training Program.
• Facilitation skills.
• Content Creation skills (Articulate).
• OJT/Job Training skills preferred.
• Mediation/arbitration/grievance processes support preferred
• Experience in a union environment (contract/CBA interpretation)
• Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills ability to analyze data
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access) and an HRIS system (such as PeopleSoft or SAP)
• Excellent communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
• Must be detail oriented and have strong problem solving and decision-making skills
• Must be able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organization and offer off shift coverage and work extended hours
• Must possess good presentation and training skills
• Training experience (building and sustaining programs)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.