You know us as company behind favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, and Häagen-Dazs, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re crafting a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm – all in order to delight consumers every day.
If you are inspired to do something that protects the safety and wellbeing of consumers, Nestlé Quality Assurance Center (NQAC) is the place for you. NQAC employees have the opportunity to make a long-term impact on food safety in society while personally contributing to company success every day. Quality assurance and product safety are core business principles at Nestlé and the Nestlé Quality Assurance Center (NQAC) is responsible for ensuring that all Nestlé products are safe and that the highest product safety is delivered to Nestlé’s customers.
NQAC’s world-class microbiological and food chemistry laboratories provide comprehensive testing services to all Nestlé factories, suppliers, and co-manufacturers in North America to ensure this quality assurance and product safety mission is continuously reached.
The Chemistry Laboratory Technician position performs and documents analytical support related to sample testing, using written operating procedures, standard laboratory methods, and basic laboratory techniques, functions and equipment.
The position completes specific procedures within the laboratory requiring the use of laboratory knowledge and practical skills, learned from either technical schooling or on-the-job experience. The position can assist with and occasionally perform specialized and non-routine tests and maintain records of work; and can sometimes coordinate and plan assigned work with other technicians and chemists.
Support to Laboratory by performing and/or coordinating a variety of laboratory processes.
• Receives, registers and prepares samples for general analytical testing through data entry.
• Preps and performs routine to more complex analyses per NQAC methods.
• Conducts preliminary interpretations of data or observations, and drafts short reports to supervisor.
• Carries out assignments in a timely, diligent, and safe manner and performs work in accordance with NQAC SOPs.
• Assures adherence to safety regulations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Provide assurance of quality and support of quality processes for the laboratory.
• Assure quality of results by assisting with establishment and maintenance of
QA documents, plans and ICPs.
• Document QA data and report to supervisor or other management.
• Assure equipment is maintained in reliable working order and make repairs or modifications within the capability of the Technician or request repairs.
• Identify and resolve process or analytical methodology problems.
• Assist in write-up, review, and provide proper documentation for processes or methods as experience allows.
Requirements and Minimum Education Level
• High School diploma or equivalent required; coursework in Chemistry or a closely related science discipline preferred.
• Relevant academic coursework or 1 year practical relevant experience in an analytical laboratory preferred.
• Experience with chromatography instrumentation and procedures a plus.
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
• Good verbal and written business communication skills
• English Language Skills (Basic reading, writing, speaking, etc.)