Aside from its 300 days of annual sunshine, breathtaking scenery and remaining a mecca for some of the country’s best views, Denver has consistently ranked in the ‘Top 10 pet-loving cities’ and ‘Top 5 dog-friendly cities’ year over year. Nestlé Purina has a proud presence in this mile-high city, having been in operation since 1930. Its first 42 years in operation were primarily to produce livestock feed until the plant transitioned into a pet food-only manufacturer in 1972. Since then, the location became the first-ever pet food factory to utilize solar energy. To date, we’re proud to sustainably produce 260,134 tons annually of Dog Chow®, Cat Chow®, Kit n Kaboodle®, Alpo®, Beneful®, Nestlé Purina ONE Beyond®, Nestlé Purina ONE® and Pro Plan®.
The Manufacturing Excellence Division Manager is responsible for the management of Nestle Continuous Excellence (Continuous Improvement) initiatives within the market, region, or a specific business segment. In this role, you will coordinate with the Manufacturing Excellence Market Managers as the single point of contact for that region. This role will be based in our Denver, CO factory, but will define and communicate Manufacturing Excellence rollout plans to all plants within your market or region. Travel to sites within your region is required (70% travel expected).
- Define and communicate Manufacturing Excellence rollout plans, which are aligned with market, region, and business needs.
- Support priority factories and regional clusters to choose the right strategy for Manufacturing Excellence (Continuous Improvement) implementation at the sites, which includes Total Performance Management (TPM) and Lean initiatives.
- Responsible for Nestle Continuous Excellence pillar methodology, training, coaching and assessing in the region.
- Act as a Change Agent, promoting the vision and the path to Manufacturing Excellence, and escalating issues to V.P.’s, factory managers, and Market Manufacturing Excellence steering team.
- Support Manufacturing Excellence department priorities through identification and management of key activities, with prioritized focus on the impact on total market key expected results.
- Develop key capabilities with the factory Manufacturing Excellence teams in order to promote the autonomy and confidence of the local teams.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering, business, or related field required
- 7 + years of operations experience in a manufacturing, military, or related environment required.
- 3+ years experience in leading and implementing Total Performance Management (TPM) or Manufacturing Excellence (Continuous Improvement) initiatives in a factory role required.
- Strong program management experience required.
Preferred: Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification preferred.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you’re at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you’ll consider sharing in our mission–you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.