Our high-performing sales team is responsible for driving business growth through best-in-class category thought leadership, insights and analytics, service, and reporting. We are true entrepreneurs and relationship builders, fueled by a passion to excite our consumers and exceed the expectations of our trusted retail partners. As both a strategic and tactical function, we contribute directly to Nestlé’s commercial success and remain steadfast in our pursuit of excellence in market.
This role will support our International Premium Waters (IPW) division, a newly created category in Nestlé USA’s portfolio focused on elevating iconic brands including San Pellegrino, Acqua Panna, and Perrier. As part of the IPW Sales team, you will gain valuable experience by supporting key objectives focused on cultivating demand, equity, and elevating our internationally-produced waters. This is an exciting opportunity to support timeless brands recognized around the world!
Main Purpose of Job:
DRIVE CATEGORY GROWTH AT THE CUSTOMER(S). Contact for assigned customer(s) and category(ies) in order to drive category growth and achieve annual sales and commercial spend targets. This role is deeply involved in the activation of Category Roadmaps and uses them in the development and activation of customer-specific Category Business Plans (with a category first approach) to achieve the 4P objectives. Build and maintain strong connection to CCSD to partner to bring category and shopper insights to drive category results. CAM uses the tools from the Enable Hub to drive sales opportunities and growth for Nestle, the retailer, and the category. Effectively partners with Nestle Retail Sales when needed.
Category Strategy: Product / Brand Category Objectives
- Work with CCSD on development of customer-specific category plans anchored in the category growth drivers.
- Present and launch New Item Plan and develop initial field forecast.
- Develop customer promotion plans.
- Perform bottom-up build of Integrated Customer and Category Plan using appropriate NSD Planning System to build Customer Plans.
Customer Strategy: Forecast accuracy, sales performance targets, meeting sales goals, segmentation / resource allocation, improving customer service
- Achieve annual sales and trade targets through effective selling and negotiation.
- Continuous improvement on forecast accuracy.
- Frequent customer interaction to implement the annual plan, drive execution, gain distribution on new and d-build items, activate the customer category strategies, shopper marketing, and any urgent communications such as service level issues or product quality issues.
- Identify gaps between customer plan and customer feedback and propose resolutions to gaps.
- Ensure achievement of agreed Customer(s) targets/critical metrics (Category growth, Sales, RIG, Customer service and in-stock levels, etc.).
Win at Retail: Improving Execution
- Present Customer Category Plan and supporting Implementation Calendar to customer via joint business planning (JBP).
- Supervise, review, and drive execution of customer category plan.
- Communicate in store issues raised by the customer/buyer to Nestle Retail Sales, in accordance with new insights.
Right people, Right Place: Talent Development
- Ensure timely and professional participation in Career Development programs.
- Drive category growth and exceed high performance targets.
- Drive one’s own development through the adoption of capability tools.
- Develop critical behaviors through robust PDP process.
- Work closely with CAA (where applicable) to develop account management skills and standard methodologies.
Develop Valued Capabilities: Improving selling capabilities and adding customer value through improved analytics and insights, and continuous improvement.
Integrated Approach: Cross-functional communication, adoption of New Ways of Working with the HUB & CMI
- Continual interaction and work with the Enable HUB for standardized reports, business insights, and category growth driving opportunities
- Drive excellence in execution through continual interaction with Nestle Retail Sales team to include work-withs
- Collaborate with internal team members to share standard methodologies and drive Customer related initiatives