Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other!
At Nestlé, we are committed to providing high quality products that are essential to living well. We are empowered to make meaningful contributions that positively impact our families, communities, and planet. With our portfolio of global brands, the opportunities to innovate and grow are limitless. As the world’s leading food and beverage company, our focus is not only about delighting our customers, it’s about enriching you!
As the Head of Credit & Collections, you are responsible for ensuring all Credit & Accounts Receivable (AR) activities in scope are executed in a timely manner and are meeting metric goals. This position drives towards perfection in Credit & AR operations by implementing strategies, driving efficiencies, and ensuring business/internal controls are in place. It ensures the customer ledger reflects up to date and accurate balances with our customers, including on time payment application, recognition of credits in due course, and tracking and resolution of deductions. You will support the market that the team provides services for by assessing the financial viability of customers, handling ongoing credit limits for customers, applying the market defined credit procedures, and supervising the financial health of our customers. You will be the face of Nestle Credit and Collections both internally and externally to Nestle customers.
- Define and monitor implementation of AR objectives in line with NIM company strategies
- Ensure Credit & AR processes are executed on time and with the highest level of quality, including cash application, customer master data, credit management, deduction management, and reporting activities for customers. Ensure that all credit risk activities related to Suppliers are completed within established guidelines
- Ensure AR reporting is produced and distributed according to the agreed market periodicity and Period End Close
- Lead and monitor the performance service level agreements (SLA’s) and indicators of services
- Analyze and disseminate periodic reports
- Drive action plans to correct deviations in services and implement operational improvement
- Negotiate and prioritize the projects in transition, as well as develop new projects for the transfer of services into NBE
- Ensure control and transparency of services provided, including implementation and compliance with business and internal controls
- Coordinate continuous improvement projects that enhance productivity and/or drive cost reductions
- Work with Senior Nestle audience (CFO’s and Sales/Finance/Supply Chain VP’s) and Senior customer audiences (CEO/CFO) for all credit matters utilizing influence and negotiation skills to implement effective customer behavior changes
- Represent Nestle in the legal setting on Unsecured Creditor Committees and resolution negotiation of settlement matters
- Networks with Credit Community to assess and proactively identify customer credit worthiness concerns and identify supply chain risks
- Participate in internal and external benchmarking of Operations performance
- Participate in business planning; prepare AR budget, performing revisions if needed
- Promote clear understanding of the Order to Cash (O2C) process and key financial figures
- Provide strategic leadership and direction on business process and technology opportunities related to key business objectives including service, efficiency and cash flow
- Monitor and leverage enabling and disruptive technologies to support business objectives
- Lead, coach, and develop department personnel as individuals and as a team, including performance management and succession planning