You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, and DiGiorno, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re creating a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
We’re looking for a dynamic Consumer Insights professional who can drive business results with market intel (Nielsen, IRI), ready to challenge the status quo and work with speed and agility in today’s demanding marketplace. As a Consumer Insights Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to fuel our fast-growing frozen Pizza category (yum?!), part of our larger Foods Division by balancing both short-term business volume drivers as well as diagnosing challenges the division faces with an eye toward growth and maintaining our leadership position in frozen Pizza.
Leadership & Consulting
• Serve as the brand “navigator” by providing thought partnership with brand management
• Work with business partners to understand and explain business drivers, competitive challenges and forward-looking opportunities for growth, short term and long term
• Build consumer empathy and understanding across the business team by effectively communicating existing climate and identifying actionable learning needs
• Continuously represent the voice of the consumer in an effort to know the consumer deeply and make decisions in favor of consumers
• Actively pursue opportunities for impact by discovering and sharing opportunities to showcase research/learning on high-value topics unseen or ignored by business partners
• Use clear, strategy-aligned criteria to assess the value of projects
• Collaborate across the Consumer & Marketplace Insights function to use our scale and increase speed via effectiveness and efficiencies
Develop Brand Insights
• Communicate consumer insights for the brand using diverse and multiple sources (syndicated and custom research)
• Embed learning to increase the impact of insights into action by making them meaningful to the business strategy. Build the consumer story by connecting the dots across various pieces of research, primary and secondary, as well as behavioral data
• Focus on establishing business partners’ decisions and aligning the research agenda to them, then tailor communications of research findings to support upcoming decisions
• Redefine medium-value requests and eliminate or outsource low-value requests; challenge the need for learning as appropriate vs having courage to decide and go
Budget & Vendor Management
• Manage projects within approved budget.
• Provide suppliers with access to all information available to ensure intimacy with NUSA
• Use strategic assets to build non-monetary, reciprocally valuable relationship with suppliers, motivating above-and-beyond support and partnership
FINANCIAL/STRATEGIC IMPACT: Assists in achieving corporate objectives on Market Share, Sales Volume Growth, Brand Health, Return on Investment and Product Performance