Our high-performing sales team is responsible for driving business growth through best-in-class category thought leadership, insights and analytics, service, and reporting. We are true entrepreneurs and relationship builders, fueled by a passion to excite our consumers and exceed the expectations of our trusted retail partners. As both a strategic and tactical function, we contribute directly to Nestlé’s commercial success and remain steadfast in our pursuit of excellence in market.
This role will support our International Premium Waters (IPW) division, a newly created category in Nestlé USA’s portfolio focused on elevating iconic brands including San Pellegrino, Acqua Panna, and Perrier. As part of the IPW Sales team, you will gain valuable experience by supporting key objectives focused on cultivating demand, equity, and elevating our internationally-produced waters. This is an exciting opportunity to support timeless brands recognized around the world!
The consumer / shopper journey from awareness to conversion is experiencing unprecedented change. From eCommerce shopping platforms (grocery pick-up and delivery) to significant advancements in retailer digital media, the CPG retail marketing landscape has changed forever. Winning in this environment requires new capabilities in Consumer Marketing, eCommerce/Omni-Commerce, Technology and Media.
The OMNI Marketing Manager (Div) is responsible for the OMNI Channel Strategy for the Division/Category, leading the commercial objectives, strategies and critical metrics to win in the market place, cascading from brands’ business objectives. Strategies include; eCommerce Assortment, “always on” Digital Shelf content and eSearch, and Retail Marketing Campaigns (in store and online). The role is a business leader and is responsible for building an Investment strategy to support the strategic priorities along with maintaining and reporting on the monthly Dynamic Forecast. The role collaborates across multiple partners in the Division, Field, Centers of Excellence (COE), Commercial Development (CD), Shopper Insights, Finance and Sales Teams.
Flexibility across brand marketing, shopper marketing, and eCommerce is significant for success in this role.
- Key Measures of Success: Improving investment value, Enhancing Brand eCommerce presence, Forecast accuracy, Achievement of Sales performance targets, improving retailer satisfaction scores
- Champion ‘Category First’ attitude and develop plans to drive demand and conversion in the OMNI Space
- Lead OMNI Channel Planning for Division (collaborate with CD and Brand Teams) to develop clear eBusiness Channel Strategy; identifying and recommending Division eBusiness & Omni priorities; setting critical metrics for success
- Develop/support category-level strategies and programs to drive overall growth at eBusiness/Omni accounts, and garner disproportionate share; lead category captaincy from Marketing view
- Optimize assortment (including leading category competitive analysis); support brand eBusiness-optimized sku development
- Develop investment strategy for Division and ensure Dynamic Forecast (Revenue and Investments) are clearly communicated to partners and handled flawlessly.
- Lead eContent and OMNI Promotional Campaign Strategies including:
Build strategy for Division on eSearch and Digital Shelf content (with support from Brand Teams)
- Build Insight Based Promotional Drive Period Campaigns and Tool Kits for National & Customer Specific Retail Marketing:
- Solo Brand and Innovation activations
- Multi-brand activations
- Scale event activations
- Holistic plans across entire path to purchase for key brands within the division and activated at priority customers.
- Ensure alignment in media planning and purchasing exists (brand and shopper) through clear communication with Brand, CME, and Agency Teams.
- Lead Shopper budgeting process and strategy for key Division’s key brands and customers.
- Serve as the specialist on retailer marketing ecosystems for the Division- Share shopper standard methodologies across Divisions. Work closely with OMNI Strategy Director – NUSA to develop overall OMNI Learning and Education Plans.
- Lead and Develop Direct reports and ensure their development and growth.
Requirements and minimum education level
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6 years of experience in Sales or Marketing
- 2 years of experience leading people
- Knowledge of Nestlé and its trade customer base
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
Skill Sets Needed
- Strong marketing and promotion experience
- Deep understanding of focus retailers and their go-to-market strategies
- Corporate priorities, strategy, strengths, weaknesses and marketing assets
- Ability to influence within and across Divisions
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams and or agency partners is required
- Experience leading marketing and shopper communication projects including digital and media strategies is required.
- Experience developing strategic plans, such as communication campaigns or commercialization strategies is required
- Experience using data and trends to generate insights to understand consumer/shopper behavior is required
- Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods Industry (CPG) is helpful
Key Functional Competencies:
- Knowledge of interrelationship of key functions and their key initiatives (Sales, marketing, Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Technical and Globe & IS/IT)
- Proven knowledge of business driving technology solutions (i.e. Nielsen, BW, Source) and internal/external industry insights and trends
- Knowledge of core Business Processes and Fundamentals(Sales/Distribution, Customer Planning and Managing, Financial
- Reporting, Training, HR Policies, Coordinated Commercial Planning, Nestlé Management and Leadership Principles)
Nestlé Leadership Framework Competencies: Leaders: Insight, Energize and Engage, Enable Results through others, Coach and Develop, Influence with Integrity, Courage