Foods people love! Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other!
At Nestlé, we provide high-quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions, and support each other’s professional development. Join the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life.
As an HR Generalist primarily focused on Training and Learning objectives, this position designs, develops, and facilitates technical training programs, as well as provides training, coaching, and assessments in support of factory training systems. Leads improvements to training systems through analysis, design, development, and assessment of technical training programs and tools. Develops and implements processes, programs, and procedures to strengthen factory performance in support of strategic business objectives. Accountable for providing HR support to all salaried employees, hourly employees, and site leadership by engaging in recruitment, employee development, labor relations, policy interpretation, compensation administration, and legal compliance activities as needed.
Training Foundations & Systems:
• Develops and manages Training Matrices, Competency Matrices, Training Plans, and Training Documentation in support of site training requirements.
• Incorporates new digital solutions and uses existing digital tools and systems to improve and streamline training processes across all shifts.
• Provides expertise in training needs assessment, training design, adult learning strategies/delivery, and post-training evaluations following education and training methods.
• Partners with all employee levels to assess and analyze learning needs based on performance, talent planning, and needs assessment data. Identifies learning solutions for technical business needs.
• Implements standard templates, training standards, and tools to ensure facility is aligned to overall strategic direction of the autonomous journey.
• Develops and manages site Training Budget as applicable.
• Coordinates site technical skills development programs for operators and skilled trades.
• Assesses and audits the efficiency of learning and development initiatives against predefined metrics.
• Transfers knowledge of training and learning methodologies to every employee level to nurture a culture of learning and development and sustain training processes.
Training Project Management:
• Designs, develops, and delivers training solutions to drive business results using the A.D.D.I.E. (Analysis.Design.Development.Implementation.Evaluation) Model
• Compiles data and analyzes past and current year training requirements to help determine training priorities and best use of resources.
• Handles external vendor relationships necessary
• Partners with corporate Training & Learning team to develop custom training solutions and benchmark internally and externally
• Identifies and applies for Local, State, and Federal Training Grants and Funds to offset training costs
HR Services Execution:
• Provides execution of the facility’s People Plan to support short- and long-term strategic business needs.
• Supports execution of workforce planning processes, such as recruitment, talent development, organizational planning, and organizational change management.
• Serves as a critical team member in ensuring the culture and working environment are open, empowering, fair, and equitable.
• Provides counsel and mentorship to leadership on all people management and development issues.
• Establishes and maintains effective “win – win” working relationships with (and between) leadership, supervisors, and employees.
• Builds and maintains relations with employees in order to promote and foster an environment of open communication and transparent, candid feedback.
• Supports Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE)/ Total Performance Management (TPM) initiatives by providing tools, techniques, and resources to set shared goals between the business and the site.
• Completes all other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s (BA or BS) in Human Resource Management or related field (e.g., Business, Organizational Development, Industrial Psychology) required.
• 2+ years’ experience in a professional level Human Resources or Training role required. Manufacturing or Distribution Center experience preferred.
• Experience in managing internal and/or external training and development initiatives across employee levels in a non-corporate setting preferred.
• Experience with learning management solutions and/or the use of digital systems and tools to support training and skill progression preferred.
• HR experience in a union environment (contract/CBA interpretation) preferred.
• Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; ability to analyze data
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Excellent interpersonal, written, proofreading, editing, and oral communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize workload, self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks, and meet strict deadlines
• Self-motivated to take initiative to find solutions.
• Must be detail oriented and have strong problem solving and decision-making skills
• Must be able to work with all levels of employees and leadership within the organization
• Must be able to provide off shift coverage and work extended hours as needed.