2021 Nestlé USA Engineering Co-op Program
You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, and DiGiorno, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we are building a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is encouraged, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
Let’s challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. Here at Nestlé USA, you are empowered to become a student of the business and deliver the best to our consumers and your peers. We’re inviting forward-thinking and courageous future technical experts and leaders to embrace an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset and start their journey of growth!
If you’re a current undergraduate student eager to make an impact on an enormous scale, take strides into greatness and pursue your career with Nestlé USA.
Here’s a breakdown of what the big picture entails for this program:
Nestlé USA Engineering Co-op program is a development program that provides the opportunity for select individuals to gain real world experience and an understanding of Technical & Production at Nestlé USA. The Co-op program consists of 3 or 6 month rotational experiences intended to build capability and understanding of the core Engineering Functions at Nestlé USA. As you progress through your schooling and work experiences, you will build your expertise in Electrical & Automation, Industrial Services or Process Engineering.
Whether you are joining the program as a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior, you will receive an exciting introduction to the world of Nestlé USA and begin to understand the various departments working in collaboration to make our products. As you further your educational career, you will begin to experience a unique breadth of work assignments within your area of expertise, focusing on becoming a subject matter expert within the Engineering team. As an Engineering Co-op, you will play a key role in leading and executing projects and gaining an understanding of Electrical & Automation, Industrial Services or Process Engineering in our factories.
Your primary responsibilities:
As an Engineering Co-op, you will be learning and growing as an Engineer while delivering results for Nestlé USA through key projects, systems, and people. Depending on your area of focus, you may have experiences similar to the following:
Electrical & Automation Potential Experiences Include: Power Distribution, Basic Motor and Power Controls, Electrical Safety/Arc Flash, Factory Automation Standards, Instrumentation Calibration, Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Advanced Process Controls, Robotics and Digital Technologies like Data Analytics and IIoT
Industrial Services Potential Experiences Include: Hygienic Engineering, Refrigeration and Thermal systems, Process Capacity and mass/heat balances, compliance and reliability, process safety, Water and Waste Water treatment and other utilities, mechanical integrity and Sustainability
Process Engineering Potential Experiences Include: Batch and Continuous Processing, Hygienic Engineering, Cleaning in Process (CIP), Thermal Processing, and an in-depth view on the different production processes related to the food production like product preparation and standardization, evaporation, spray drying, filling and packing, etc.
• Various Factory or Corporate Locations across Nestlé USA
• Co-ops will likely move to different site(s) throughout various rotations as necessary
• Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or other related engineering discipline
• GPA of 3.0 and above preferred
Skills & Knowledge
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Analytical skillset for data tracking and results analysis
• Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
• Demonstrate outstanding learning capabilities
• Ability to deliver results on challenging assignments
• Comfortable working with people in various capacities in a factory
• Able to work any shift, including second or third shift as required throughout program experiences
• Open to working in facilities where ambient conditions may be very cold, wet or warm
• Immersion into a dynamic and collaborative work culture with varied colleagues
• Mentorship and professional guidance from experienced leaders and a training program designed to support successful project completion
• Work with an influential industry leader in consumer packaged goods (Fortune Magazine)
• Volunteer in community service opportunities with a variety of Nestlé Share Valued Organizations (e.g. Boys & Girls Club of America & Nestlé Adopt-A-School Program)
• Competitive compensation with housing subsidy provided
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.