At Nestlé, we provide high-quality products that are essential to living well! As individuals and teams, we encourage leadership, make valuable contributions, and support each other’s professional development. Join the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life!
Nestlé USA’s Supply Chain team is driven by the desire to deliver premiere service and support to our trusted retail partners. Motivated by our company’s four key Ways of Winning – Speed, Agility, Collaboration, and Courage, Nestlé’s Supply Chain professionals strive to efficiently and effectively distribute our products “wherever and whenever” needed while fulfilling our commitments and delivering outstanding value to our customers. As we continue to build our Nestlé Supply Chain team, we are looking for qualified, diverse and dynamic individuals who represent the communities we serve through our products and services.
The Associate Procurement Business Partner engages with business leaders and partners to execute the procurement strategies for direct and indirect categories. The Associate Procurement Business Partner ensures the alignment of these strategies with the business and functional strategies. This role supports the Technical and Corporate Services spend categories for Nestle Nutrition and Nestle Health Science Operating Companies. The Associate will work with multiple functional & business partners, including Engineering, R&D, Factories, HR & Workplace Solutions. Additionally, the Associate engages the At market and Above market category procurement teams to demonstrate strong business & functional knowledge to integrate into sourcing decisions.
This role will: collaborate with category procurement teams and be responsible for the relationship with Nestle Nutrition and Nestle Health Science businesses and relevant functional leaders; influence business relationships to implement cost savings projects and drive procurement strategies; call out service challenges from vendor base, factory or other business channels, in adherence to scope of work targets or contract terms; and actively engage with cross-functional project teams to clearly communicate sourcing strategies, vendor selection, supply challenges & mitigation plans as they relate to the project.
– Understand business requirements and challenges; including priorities, must win battles and key value drivers.
– Influence the category procurement teams at the appropriate level so the category sourcing strategies and priorities are built to meet Business objectives.
– Understand and drive with finance all procurement inputs to the P&L related to Technical and Corporate Services spend
– Procurement lead on sourcing projects partnering with category procurement teams to locate and onboard any new suppliers, ensure project timelines are met, and mitigate any supply or service risks associated with the project.
– Manage and report out savings pipeline and communication to the Business to ensure overall margin objectives are met.
– Support the capital budget process through early engagement in projects to ensure competitiveness and meet project timelines
– Proactively identify and communicate changes in demand, project needs or business strategy to category procurement teams in order to mitigate penalties or service issues
– Lead sourcing strategies at functional level.
– Identify vital activities and resources needed to achieve implementation of chosen sourcing strategies and ensure strategies are implemented.
– Ensure supplier selection is approved by business partners and communicate award decision to those affected.
– Provide compelling category and sourcing insights to help drive overall strategies.
– Consolidate equipment and/or service cost benchmark reports (data, graphs, commentary) and present to business partners as appropriate.
– Provide valuable insight to Category Management Team.
– Play a meaningful role in providing feedback to category procurement teams on supplier performance.
– Participate in key meetings, ensure right business partner engagement, and engage through senior contacts with suppliers where needed.
– Other duties as assigned.
Reports to a Business Partner Manager, Leader or Head of Procurement. General direction and delegation from team members that the associate supports. May also receive some direction cross-functionally from the business.
Business decisions will be based on research and analysis. Quality data and thoroughness of the analysis is required to ensure confidence in business decisions.
May be in charge of ensuring categories/sub-categories are purchased from approved vendors and may be accountable for valuable, compliance, cost improvement and other performance metrics.