Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career, and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
The Silicon Valley Innovation Outpost (SVIO) is the global hub of digital innovation for Nestlé, the world’s largest food company. Our focus is on helping Nestlé and its brands transform consumer experiences and grow beyond our core business, not just in the year or two ahead but over the coming decade and beyond. We look out three-to-five years to spot emerging trends, technologies and ideas that reveal bold possibilities for new brand experiences, new ways of doing business, and new businesses that don’t yet exist. We prototype, learn and demonstrate proofs-of-concept for future innovation at hyper-speed. We connect senior business leaders to investors and founders, and we enable investments, acquisitions and strategic partnerships.
We think of ourselves as a team of “urgent optimists” who believe that transformation happens when we greet signals from the future with the urgency of now. We’re strategic, startup-scrappy and lean — with outsized influence in a Company that sells over a billion products a day in every part of the world every day.
We’re looking for a new member of our team: Global Digital Innovation Manager, based in San Francisco with impact worldwide. This person will be the tip of our innovation spear — responsible for identifying, developing and activating digital services and business models for both the Company and industry-leading brands like Nespresso, Perrier, Purina and many more. This team member will help spot emerging trends and technologies, understand the implications of what’s emerging and converging, cultivate and use relationships with VCs, founders, and tech-sector leaders, and help lead immersion-based experiences that equip business teams to operate with the speed and agility of startups.
- Identify, prototype, pilot, and prove or disprove innovative concepts for digitally-enabled services and business models, in partnership with Nestle brands and businesses globally
- Provide strategic support and counsel to senior business leaders regarding opportunities for new businesses and new ways of doing business, with particular emphasis on growing beyond existing core categories and channels
- Develop relationships with strategic innovation partners and external thought leaders that (1) result in a high number of scalable pilot programs, and (2) create mid-to-long-term opportunities for Nestlé.
- Serve as an influential and effective ambassador for Nestlé and the SVIO internally and externally
Minimum Requirements and Key Experiences:
- -7+ years in brand-building, marketing and/or entrepreneurial roles that require deep understanding of consumers, deep and current knowledge of digital innovation trends, and trusted counsel to senior business leaders
- Minimum completed Bachelor's Degree, MBA preferred
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly comprehend the benefit new technologies and platforms can have on our present and future business
- Demonstrated ability to engage executive leadership and advocate successfully for bold opportunities. Superior communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrated experience working with VCs, founders, and accelerator programs in digital innovation spaces — with proven understanding of venture-based growth models is a plus
- Demonstrated success working with matrix organizations and multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated ability to work in uncertain, ambiguous, fast-changing market environments Knowledge
- Visionary Skills: Sees insights and opportunities that others haven’t seen, looks beyond the boundaries of core categories or businesses, explores possibilities with an open mind and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strategic Skills: Identifies opportunities for disruptive growth and advantage; assesses risk and pushes for appropriate levels of risk tolerance; makes or advocates for complex decisions with imperfect data
- Operating Skills: Sets clear priorities, moves with urgency, gets work done through others with and without positional authority and is a proactive self-starter
- Influence Skills: Listens to understand, builds highly inclusive and empathy-based relationships, collaborates seamlessly, communicates effectively across all communication channels, consistently provides clarity and context, engages at senior levels with courage and conviction The successful candidate for this role will be a game-changer who balances brand-building fundamentals and transformative vision to help create the future of Nestlé. If that’s you, let’s talk!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.