The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for driving sales performance, market share, and brand representation/discoverability on key online retailers. This role is accountable for knowing specific retailers’ and platform strategies, operations and shoppers deeply in order to create and execute effective strategies and educate the internal organization. This role owns the relationship with specific online retailers and is responsible for the creation and execution of an annual business plan, negotiating all retailer/trade-related terms/contracts, data access/KPI-tracking, sharing and translating category insights into actionable plans, and addressing all retailer specific requests/requirements.
Drive category and NUSA sales growth, markets share & brand representation online
- Translate category roadmaps and CAPs into actionable plans for assigned retailers
- Develop and execute strategies and plans to meet assigned sales and market share goals
- Monitor and improve brand distribution, representation and discoverability at assigned retailers
- Collaborate with Walmart team brand/shopper marketing and Brand Omni Strategists on key Walmart programs and long term strategies.
- Ensure best in class content and virtual shelf on Walmart.com and Sam’s Club. Work to understand and optimize the search algorithm and key drivers.
- Own WMG and Flywheel relationship
- Drive long term growth strategies via a test and learn mentality
Own & develop strong relationship with assigned retailers
- Own all direct contact with retailer partners
- Address all retailer specific requests/requirements
- Negotiate all trade-related terms and contracts
- Conduct business reviews
- Educate relevant cross-functional members of NUSA organization on key aspects of assigned retailer’s business and needs
Create strong business plan for Walmart: Understand assigned strategies/roadmaps, organization, operations and shoppers deeply
- Lead eJBP process for Walmart
- Understand Walmart requirements, socialize with internal organization and develop plan to attain
- Identify relevant KPIs, secure necessary data to measure and track accordingly
- Create and execute Walmart Inc annual business plans
Manage investment budget
- Ensure spending is kept within budget
- Develop strong understanding of various retailer programs’ ROI
- Allocate budget to specific programs that drive the business.
FINANCIAL/STRATEGIC IMPACT: Achieving corporate objectives on Market Share, Sales Volume Growth and profitability. Aligning corporate and customer objectives to find mutual benefits utilizing roadmaps and CAP. Manages assigned budgets.