“There’s more to life at Nestlé”
We are more than the brands you love. We are the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company. Nestlé is committed to enhancing people’s lives, everywhere, every day.
Nestlé Development Center Marysville is one of the longest-standing R&D centers in Nestlé’s worldwide network. Here, we provide technical development expertise for beverage products. Whether it is in terms of convenience, health or pleasure, we are committed to creating trustworthy products and processes that improve the quality of consumers’ lives.
Work here, and you’ll get variety. We’re located in the Columbus Region, where you can experience a vibrant city, charming neighborhoods, and serene countrysides. The Columbus Region has a reputation as the
• #1 Opportunity City,
• One of the Seven Smartest Cities in the world,
• Fastest growing Midwestern city, and
• 15th largest city in the U.S.
“We make a difference with our passion for coffees”
The role of the Packaging Specialist is to manage packaging development projects for different applications across all Nestle businesses. Responsibilities include the entire development project from the exploration of a new idea throughout development; industrialization and post launch evaluation and follow-up.
• Develop new packaging concepts & solutions for beverage applications.
• Support the innovation roadmap by generating new packaging propositions sustainable by design.
• Deliver solution by developing ideas from concept through development to implementation, collaborating with internal and external parties (design agencies, suppliers, creative teams, marketing, etc…).
• Support packaging recycle-ready roadmap and plan for reducing GHG by planning and carrying out required packaging interventions.
• Optimize current packaging solutions via Fit for Purpose activities to reduce cost and material usage where possible.
• Co-develop equipment for new packaging concepts together with partners and suppliers.
• Develop and constantly update an overview of innovative concepts and technologies on packaging; propose and manage new developments.
• Prepare documentation for transfer of development projects into production, including testing plan.
• Attend and lead technical validation trials both in house and at external suppliers.
• Prepare documentation on technical specifications for our suppliers and purchasing.
• Set up training modules for operations and skills evaluation.
• Develop an effective knowledge network within the group, with suppliers and universities.
• Comply with Nestle Integrated Management System and all other company policies and procedures.
• BS in Engineering, Industrial Design, Packaging or Mechanical/Plastics/Processing.
• 5-7 years’ experience in Packaging Development.
• Proven expertise on packaging materials and related technologies.
• Passionate on sustainability and willing to proactively drive the change towards 100% sustainable packaging.
• Creative and driven to bring and develop fresh packaging ideas.
• Experienced in manufacturing processes for the beverage industry (preferably aseptic or hot-fill). Aseptic experience strongly preferred.
• Experienced in project management and functional leadership.
• Ability to take on broad, complex project tasks and to engage the appropriate resources to provide support.
• Ability to challenge team members and management with equal effectiveness to influence decisions.
• Good communicator, motivated and team player.
• Agility and capacity to deliver a diversity of projects in parallel.
• Flexibility to travel for short and mid-term missions.