in 1984, Brynwood Partners has become the firm of choice for corporate sellers
wishing to exit non-core brands. Over
the past 35 years Brynwood Partners has acquired 55 brands from a preeminent
group of consumer products companies. Brynwood
Partners works with management to identify strategic initiatives, drive sales
growth and make operational improvements to create long-term value. This has
led to a current portfolio of food and beverage brands including: Pillsbury, Funfetti,
Hungry Jack, Arrowhead Mills, Juicy Juice, Sunny D, Veryfine and many others.
newest brand acquisition is Buitoni, acquired from Nestlé in
Announcement). A maker of fresh pasta and sauces since 1827, Buitoni delivers delicious products consumers love.
Working at Buitoni offers growth opportunities in a fast-paced, collaborative
The Plant Controller will be joining a private equity-backed business with an iconic brand, strong retail presence, and outstanding manufacturing capabilities. This role will provide cost visibility related to the factory processes and drive relevant analysis and reporting. The Plant Controller will assist in the management of the plant through analysis of operations, evaluation of financial status and recommendation for action as well as ensure that proper administrative and accounting records are maintained with adequate internal controls. The role will be based in the Danville, VA manufacturing facility.
• Ownership of plant variance reporting and product costing standards, including key role in commercialization of new products.
• Participate in business planning; prepare and coordinate the factory budget with factory management; perform revisions or simulations as needed.
• Provide Plant leadership with tracking of expenditures and analysis of costs.
• Monitor plant inventory balances and ensure proper controls are in place.
• Challenge assumptions in seeking cost improvements in the factory. Seek out and support cost improvement opportunities, be an active contributor to improvement projects and initiatives validate and review proposed savings.
• Coordinate reporting of actuals (including organizing and overseeing timeliness and accuracy of period-end close, and promoting ownership of data at source); and forecasts for the factory; ensure transparency of this process
• Develop, control and ensure robust evaluations of capital investment plans and requests.
• Maintain accurate records of plant assets & capital project accounting.
• Ensure clear control and visibility of assets and liabilities, including the development, implementation and compliance with internal controls
• Coach and develop the factory finance personnel as individuals and as a team, including career and succession planning.
• Promote clear understanding of financial key figures and costing within the factory, including organizing training sessions for non-specialists
• Ensure full transparency of costs and financial impact to the organization of major or strategic decisions relating to the factory
• Organize internal and external benchmarking of factory performance and factory product costs.
• Coordinate as main contact for internal and external audits within the factory
• Supervise the maintenance of the administrative computer equipment and software including the local LAN and HP direct line connections.
• Supervise factory Buyer and ensure vendor compliance and timely follow up on any issues regarding vendor payment or blocked invoices
• Provide ad hoc financial analysis to corporate and plant management
• Minimum of 5 years plant controller experience.
• 4-year college degree in Accounting/Finance.
• Ability to manage people.
• Excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft business applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access), SAP and/or Microsoft Dynamics experience strongly preferred.
• Self-motivated and works independently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Candidate should display an even temperament, ethical values and good team-player.
• Strong communication skills.
• Great attitude and drive: Ability to roll up sleeves and get things done.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle moderate degrees of ambiguity.