You know us as the world’s largest food and beverage company behind your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, and Lean Cuisine, as well as new innovations like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, Nestlé is transforming itself to be fit for the future. We’re creating a workplace where collaboration is important, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm as we delight our consumers every single day.
The Manager, Internal Communications plays a key role in activating the cultural transformation Nestlé USA needs to accelerate growth and win in the market. This role is responsible for leading internal communications for the Beverage Division (with marquee brands like Coffee mate and Nesquik) and for the Global Brands Division (with brands like Maggi and Abuelita). This role works directly with the President of Beverage and the President of Global Brands. He/she will lead the development and implementation of communications strategies that enable these organizations to effectively deliver business results.
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Champion our cultural evolution to be more agile and focused on innovation. You’ll need to influence company leaders to adopt key strategies and programs to cultivate consumer obsession and drive business results
- Lead, develop and execute strategic internal communications programs that align with Nestlé’s corporate business priorities as well as shapes employee engagement and culture
- Provide executive communications, counsel and execution for the President of Beverage and the President of Global Brands
- Execute quarterly town hall meetings or regular messages, as well as other employee events and communications, to ensure visibility to the company’s performance, progress and purpose
- Collaborate with the HR business partners of Beverage and Global Brands on communications related to organizational structure, change initiatives and culture activation
- Serve as the communications representative of Beverage and Global Brands on enterprise-wide initiatives related these organizations
- Draft communications including organizational announcements, presentations, messages, talking points, emails, speeches, etc.
- Works cross-functionally to activate our employee value proposition, Empowered to Grow
- Serve as a full team member of the Nestlé USA internal communications team
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned
Direct supervision is given from the Team Lead, Internal Communications. Additional supervision is given by the Head of Corporate Communications.
No direct reports. May provide direction to partner communications agencies and/or temporary employees on an occasional basis.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications or other related field.
• Minimum of 7 years in a communications role in a PR agency or a company of similar or larger size, in which responsible for managing the communications for a specific function (i.e. Human Resources). C-Suite engagement experience is required.
Executive leadership characteristics with regard to:
- Personal integrity
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Comfortable around management
- Ability to connect business strategy to integrated communications campaigns and tactics
- Well-developed storytelling skills; ability to write quickly and clearly for consumer communications, social media, video, town halls, etc.
- Excellent collaboration ability with people at all levels, especially senior leaders
- Effectively handles pressures and demands from multiple clients and competing priorities
- Confident, collaborative self-sufficient leader who has a real passion for communications
- Entrepreneurial mindset with great judgement, and the ability/confident to drive coverage, conversation, engagement, and relevance
- Excellent (and vigilant) editing and alignment skills
- Understand nuances, comfortable working in gray areas – all with the highest personal integrity