You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, and Lean Cuisine, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is encouraged, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
Supply Chain at Nestlé
At Nestlé USA, our Supply Chain team is driven by the desire to deliver world-class service and support to our trusted retail partners. Passionate about our company’s four key Ways of Winning – Speed, Agility, Collaboration, and Courage, Nestlé’s Supply Chain professionals strive to efficiently and effectively distribute our products “wherever and whenever” needed while fulfilling our commitments and delivering outstanding value to our customers!
The Supply Chain Excellence Process Manager is responsible for standardizing, simplifying and innovating both the functions and systems that drive warehouse operations. Our primary focus is to provide the safest warehouses to service sales at the lowest end to end cost by leading the warehouse functions process design, standard methodologies, Standard Routines, SOP’s, and custodianship. This role will represent their function on end-to-end problem solving using NCE and Lean methodologies to eliminate waste and drive productivity. When projects or processes are changed either upstream or downstream, that impacts how a warehouse will operate, the SCE Manager operates as the liaison between the Technical Teams (IS/IT) and Business Teams (The local warehouses) to ensure all impacts are considered.
• Lead efforts for ongoing optimization of process, tools and structure of the Supply Chain functions within their flow
• Demonstrate center led vs. centralized strategy to drive standardization and operational excellence into the functional organizations. This includes advancing technology based on emerging trends globally and piloting innovation locally to increase rapid deployment.
• Influence design of end-to-end process flows within NBE as a representative of their function for NUSA and translate those to NUSA processes under the mentorship of global standards. This should include leading the execution of change initiatives in support of end-to-end changes.
• Ensure NCE and Advance Practices are embedded in our practices and utilized in process optimization. Process optimization projects could include, but are not limited to, Logistics Excellence Reviews (LERs).
• Perform New Business Requirement Analysis; initiate and support implementation in the business functions including testing functionality and communication of changes including representing functional flow and process to IT on projects such as Warehouse Management System Changes, SC Top 20 Projects and Connected Supply Chain.
• Manage functional process experts, skills and competency matrix. Indirectly lead Super Users, including Competency Matrix creation and maintenance and succession planning to ensure capabilities are balanced.
• Develop and maintain Business Continuity plans for critical processes
• Supervise system utilization & performance. Document process performance, scorecard maintenance.
Requirements and minimum education level
• Undergraduate degree strongly preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing or related field.
• Knowledge of Supply Chain including network design, inventory management and resource planning.
• Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles in executing sophisticated, multifunctional prioritized projects.
• Experience leading several cross-functional teams to drive performance improvement or change management initiatives.
• Exposure to Lean and/or Six-Sigma subject areas.
• Understands SAP Globe solution and standard methodologies in functional area.
• Self-Motivator who can work towards resolution of problems. Strong and creative problem-solving skills. Effectively able to influence without authority.
• Sophisticated skill level in MS Office, including Excel, Access and Word.
• Experience with SAP and BW desired.
• Availability for travel and work beyond the regular scheduled hours.
• Strong analytical skills with attention to details.
• Well-organized, methodical problem solver with excellent decision-making skills.
• Manages time well. Works well in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong skills in working through ambiguity and developing recommendations on path forward.
• Must be able to work independently and to coordinate and prioritize multiple assignments.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Coaching/mentoring skills.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.