Our team brings to life Nestlé’s vision for enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding Design organization that creates holistic, consumer-obsessed experiences using a people-centered process for our brands.
We are looking for talented, ambitious individuals to join us; strategic creative thinking with a holistic attention to detail – delivering desirable products with passion.
- The Design Operations Associate is a cross-functional analyst and coordinator supporting the project management roles, within Nestlé’s Design Center of Excellence (Design CoE), reporting into the Design Operations Manager (DOM).
- The primary responsibilities of the Design Operations Associate are management of existing and next generation Nestlé internal systems and tracking/reporting the portfolio of projects underway (including Label D/Devex and SAP applications used to create, enter, review and approve labeling information for products).
- Working within the Design-to-Delivery (D2D) process team from project kick-off, the role ensures system inputs are accurate and up to date using shared trackers created and provided to the DOM. Coordinates systems that generate label copy (recipes, product data and specifications) by orchestrating with key stakeholders to ensure compliance for content approval and challenges to mitigate inconsistencies, edits and rejections.
- Key attributes of this role are the ability to leverage creative and analytical thinking. With curiosity and insight, plus a grounding in methods to map projects, statistics/metrics. This role uses data to think through problems using a critical lens. The data generated, tracks/enhances the Design CoE understanding of the projects at hand.
- Strong and effective communication clearly conveys results across campuses to various audiences from cross-functional teams to executives making business decisions.
- By leveraging shared tools and scale, and through understanding key audiences – data visualizations are built for Nestlé priority projects. These scheduled reports are distributed showing effective mapping, timing and performance of Design CoE teams.
- Leads data mining/mapping to gather unstructured data, that is cleaned and processed to share project/portfolio key performance indicators (KPIs). Main business partners include: Nestlé CME, Marketing, TAG Packaging, Legal, Regulatory, R&D, Artwork/ Production and Pre-Press Partners.
- The Design Operations Associate has extended accountability to share KPIs regularly with internal/external teams product launches and project status tracking.
- Provides training for all new users of Nestlé systems/tools.
- Accountable to: Nestlé Project Management, Marketing departments for delivering key package label & artwork content creation milestones, synchronized with the D2D processes.
- Being a neutral cross-functional data/process driver. A key point of contact for global and regional content labeling process excellence, with accountability connected to project status reporting through launch.
- Manage inputs for Nestlé internal systems (Label D/Devex and SAP) used to create, enter, review and approve labeling information of new product development, package design and labeling content creation ensuring a seamless transition of data to the Artwork
- Ensure product data collection, supervise 3rd party entry label specification (LS) requests – driving for clarity and accurate content.
- Driving Business and Design Process – empowered to report/assess project data points to address critical data issues. Develops the best-in-class strategic process for efficiency and success.
- Tracking and transparently reporting to key business partners on project/portfolio status via high-level dashboard metrics. Maintains accurate and up to date master tracker.
- Initiation of a formal interface process with finance team with POs/changes or roadblocks as appropriate with Design Operations team and key business partners.
- Assisting in Design CoE department tools, change management programs/ongoing process communications and training.
- Proactively identifying areas for Design CoE on Continuous Improvement initiatives: process and performance improvements, elimination of execution barriers, embraces the idea of trying new processes, new management tools, crafting globally consistent policy across all across businesses.