Our team brings to life Nestlé’s vision for enhancing quality of life through contributing to a healthier future. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding Design organization that creates holistic, consumer-obsessed experiences using a people-centered process for our brands.
The Strategic Design Manager is a cross-functional creative management role, within Nestlé’s Design Center of Excellence (Design CoE), reporting into the Head of Design.
The Strategic Design Manager (SDM) assists and supports the Head of Design by outlining and driving key initiatives and projects within their group of brands or business unit. The SDM leads the design strategy process through close partnership with the Marketing group and other cross-functional teams, and by leading teams of design managers and designers. The SDM adapts the vision of the Head of Design and translates it to the individual brands and initiatives.
As part of a cross-functional team that includes marketing, packaging and marketing research, this position has accountability for the design strategy direction of the brands and champions design as a key element in the approach to the consumer. The individual must take a people centered, broad consumer obsessed approach to design and an active business partner in brand leadership.
- Lead design strategy for a Business Unit (BU) and brand giving oversight and approval on all visual branding, experience, and package design in all regions
- Translate the design strategy and vision for the BU and Creative teams through cross-functional agile workshops/innovation sessions and people-centered processes
- Lead creative projects and initiatives set forth in the annual business plan, as well as supplemental and design-led initiatives
- Advocate, drive, and execute environmentally sustainable and low-impact design solutions
- Responsible for design briefs, ensure synthesis and translation by team; maintain project objectives
- Utilize knowledge of design and cultural trends to guide solutions
- Manage relationships and results of external vendors (strategic agencies, consultants and partners)
- Manage, develop, and mentor team the junior roles in the Design CoE
- Responsible for oversight for: Meeting design objectives/quality of creative, project budget/list, innovation and pipeline, and project administration/communication
- Demonstrates strategic insights and design vision for: Brand ecosystem and experience, brand identity and Packaging Design. Understanding of Product Innovation and Industrial Design
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills
- Up to 15 to 20% hands-on design work
- Contribute to a network of freelance designers, illustrators, photographers, strategists, copy writers and agencies