Come be part of our incredible journey as a Marketing Manager within our Foods Division. In this role, you’ll be able to rally a high performing team responsible for driving brand performance and growing brand equity and share by activating distinctive consumer insights for our tasty and growing snacking portfolio. This role is accountable for knowing the brand’s consumer deeply in order to create engaging brand experiences and leads innovation and renovation strategy to deliver long-term profitable growth in collaboration with Sales, Finance, Operations, and Product Development. This role will also formulate and champion annual plans consistent with 3-year planning targets, seeking alignment and articulation of brand’s strategies and tactics to deliver annual and long-term objectives
- Develop a deep understanding of the demographics, psychographics, and behavioral drivers of the brand’s consumer.
- Understand, validate and/or develop the consumer’s hidden universal truths to drive relevant communications and innovation
- Identify and understand what the brand stands for in the hearts and minds of consumers including brand identity, essence, vision, mission and core values to drive relevant communications and innovation.
- Identify and address knowledge gaps in consumer, brand, product, business and marketplace in order to build a learning plan in collaboration with Shopper Marketing and Market Research
- Develop a creative territory that brings the brand to life and enables effective consumer communication.
- Identify optimal engagement strategy and campaign structure to reach consumers when and where they are most receptive.
- Manage brand’s consumer marketing budget and demonstrate efficient and effective investment approach.
- Activate brand’s nutrition health and wellness proposition in consumer communication
- Within the context of the division’s I/R strategy, identify the brand’s unique approach and the consumer benefits it delivers in order to define it’s the brand’s innovation strategy
- Explore and incorporate new approaches to brand innovation in the brand’s innovation strategy including new business models, distribution strategies, licensing agreements and strategic partnerships.
- Define the brand’s Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy and incorporate into innovation strategy.
- In collaboration with cross-functional and external experts, generate innovation ideas then select winning opportunities to pursue for brand innovation and renovation.
- Lead commercialization and build business plan for new product opportunities in collaboration with sales, operations, product development and finance.
- Develop and sell-in an annual plan to closely align the efforts of Marketing and Sales to generate optimal demand for the brand
- Use ongoing analysis and other methodologies/tactics to mobilize “real time” adaptations to brand plans.
- Create the annual communications plan including recommended touchpoint plan, activation/implementation plan, stewardship and measurement
- Support a 3-year consumer centric brand plan to drive and/or sustain long-term brand health including equity, awareness and engagement
- Leads by example to motivate and inspire direct reports and cross-functional teams supporting the brand to exceed high performance targets
- Actively communicate expectations and provide regular feedback against those expectations through a robust performance management process, working with each team member to evaluate performance, provide feedback and training.
- Work with direct reports to build appropriate development plans and coach team to ensure that the training activities achieve mutual, agreed upon objectives.
- Participate in talent recruitment and selection to staff the organizations with the best people for current jobs, as well as future leadership, promoting workforce diversity.