This position offers the right person a unique opportunity to provide daily financial oversight to the sales team of a key strategic customer and facilitate decisions related to sales and trade budgets, with a focus on ensuring profitable growth and adequate return on promotional investment. Financial oversight includes detailed event level planning, promotional spend review, forecasting, reporting, and ad-hoc customer analysis, with an emphasis on maintaining sound financial controls around trade budget spending. The successful individual will have a strong finance or accounting background, superior communication and people skills, ability to learn quickly, a solid understanding of Nestlé (or another FMCG/CPG business) and the ability to deliver high performance work both within a team and independently.
• Work proactively with Category Account Managers (CAMs) during annual planning, ensuring alignment with Commercial Action Plans and ROI thresholds for promotions
• Ensure promotional events are properly set-up by CAMs (based on contracts & yearly plans) on a timely basis
• Review plan adjustments as needed throughout the year
• Manage and track progress against Unauthorized Deduction reduction and repayment targets
• Partner with CAMs to ensure accurate and transparent Sales and Trade forecasts along with comprehensive and quantified risks and opportunities
• Bachelor degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
• 3+ years of experience in Business or Sales Analysis; experience in Consumer Goods company/industry
• Intermediate/Advanced proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables, vlookups, and the ability to combine multiple data sets
• SAP or other ERP System experience preferred
• Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical problem solving skills.
• Superior execution skills in a changing environment and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Strong data management skills, and critically important to be able to deliver the message to non-finance professionals.
• Excellent inter-personal communication and the ability to influence others; negotiation skills a plus.
• Self-starter and shows initiative and quickly learns the specifics of the customer and sales finance.
• Ability to work in teams and independently
• Understanding of Customer Profitability concepts and the use of customer P&Ls to drive business decisions.
• Experience in generating reports.
• Demonstrable experience illustrating insights from data through statistics or data visualization.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.