Main Purpose of Job:
DRIVE CATEGORY GROWTH AT THE CUSTOMER(S)
Contact for assigned customer(s) and category(ies) in order to drive category growth and achieve annual sales and commercial spend targets. This role is deeply involved in the activation of Category Roadmaps and uses them in the development and activation of customer-specific Category Business Plans (with a category first approach) to achieve the 4P objectives. Build and maintain strong connection to CCSD to partner to bring category and shopper insights to drive category results.
Category Strategy: Product / brand category objectives
– Work with CCSD on development of customer-specific category plans anchored in the category growth drivers (category 1st mindset)
– Present and launch New Item Plan and develop initial field forecast
– Develop customer promotion plans
– Perform bottom-up build of Integrated Customer and Category Plan using appropriate NSD Planning System to create Customer Plans
Customer Strategy: Forecast accuracy, sales performance targets, meeting sales goals, segmentation / resource allocation, improving customer service
– Achieve annual sales and trade targets through effective selling and negotiation
– Continuous improvement on forecast accuracy
– Frequent customer interaction to implement the annual plan, drive execution of the plan, gain distribution on new and d-build items, activate the customer category strategies, shopper marketing, and any urgent communications such as service level issues or product quality issues
– Identify gaps between customer plan and customer feedback and propose resolutions to gaps
– Ensure achievement of agreed Customer(s) targets/KPIs (Category growth, Sales, RIG, Customer service and in-stock levels, etc.)
•Bachelors degree preferred
• Will have moved through several roles to strengthen business experience (CAA, Retail Sales Manager or like position)
•Minimum of three years, not necessarily within Nestle, working with customers, CCSD, or Broker team and over this period successfully delivered on KPIs.
•Must understand the category, key competitors, and be willing to develop category knowledge.
•Must understand how to develop customer specific category growth strategies
•Understands all sales functions, CCDS, Customer, and Nestle Retail sales. Good knowledge of interrelationship of key functions and their key initiatives (Marketing, Sales Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Technical and Globe & IS/IT)
•Understand the interaction between sales functions, CCDS, Nestle Retail sales, Enable Hub, Customer Service, and Customer Facing Supply Chain
•Demonstrates the ability to influence people and create compelling, fact-based sales stories.
•The ability to create a customer plan that’s within CAP Guidelines and assigned Trade Rates
•Knowledge of Sales Fundamentals of Pricing, Promotion, Assortment, and Merchandising
•Knowledge of Integrated Commercial Planning process, CAP documents, and the Monthly Business Planning Process
•Knowledge of customer best practices, the marketplace, and relevant channel and shopper trends to generate actionable ideas.
•Understand the importance and how forecast as accurately as possible
•Sales Dashboard and other Hub standardized reporting tools.
Knowledge: Nestlé Corporate / Functional / Market / Business / Organizational
1.) Knowledge of interrelationship of key functions and their key initiatives (Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Technical and Globe & IS/IT)
2.) Demonstrated knowledge of business driving technology solutions (i.e. Nielsen, BW, Source) and internal/external industry insights and trends
3.) Knowledge of core Business Processes and Fundamentals (Sales/Distribution, Customer Planning and Managing, Financial Reporting, Training, HR Policies, Integrated Commercial Planning, Nestlé Management and Leadership Principles)
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.