The Inventory Control team of Nestle USA directly manages inventory moves, reconciliation of inventory, and bad good trends of finished goods and semi-finished goods for the 3rd Party CoMan and Warehouse networks. The group collaborates to provide insight and troubleshoot challenges throughout supply chain including; Deployment, Supply Planning, DRP, Quality Assurance, Customer Service, Virtual Factor Managers, and Operations Leads.
As one of the Inventory Control Specialists you will be primary support for multiple 3rd party locations throughout the Warehouse and Co-Manufacturing Networks. Your primary function will be to provide daily activity support to 3rd party locations to ensure inventory accuracy on all transactions and reconciliations. You will collaborate with cross-functional internal and external teams to resolve issues and identify process improvements. This is a dynamic environment where continuous improvement is encouraged and celebrated. Strong, fact based communication skills, team focus, and passion for results with minimal direct supervision are necessary for you to be successful in this role.
YOUR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Data entry for “Manual” locations including receipts, production, consumption, and shipments for 3rd Party Warehouses and CoMans to ensure accurate inventory at all times.
- Reconciling Inventory between 3rd Party WMS and Nestle GLOBE SAP on a reoccurring basis to ensure accurate inventory for Finished Goods and Semi-Finished Goods
- Resolve quantity blocked invoices for Co-Manufacturing locations so ensure payment is completed within payment terms to avoid delinquency
- Monitor past due shipments and receipts to further facilitate inventory accuracy
- Be a Champion for problem solving; system, process, training, and continuous improvement
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings as needed to escalate issues and report performance
- Ensuring compliance with 3rd party sites and ensuring Nestle reporting requirements are maintained per agreements
- Proficiency with multiple system solution to support daily activity with 3rd party locations (EDI, AS400, Manual Excel, Vendor Portal, SAP-Lite)
- Resolve dispute claims from both shipping and receiving in regards to over shipments, short shipments, and damage claims.
- Lead on site physical inventories for multiple 3rd party locations
- Acting as primary and/or secondary back-up to team members as needed
- Support Go-lives for integration of new business as well as divestitures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Communication – Excellent communication will be a key skill for this role, primarily written and over the phone/skype meetings. Ensuring internal and external parties are aligned and aware of objectives. Listening, Group facilitation, information sharing, conflict resolution, etc.
- Ability to analyze data, generate insights, actions, and communicate effectively to management and both internal/external key stakeholders
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a broader team. Strong ability to work across functions and divisions to deliver results.
- Strong team player who is able to build key relationships with team members across multiple functions/levels
- Ability to create action plans to resolve issues or inefficiencies and be able to track improvements from the actions
- Information Monitoring – Identify/Develop/Implement monitoring and tracking systems for key measures to ensure the accuracy of information flow and minimization of inventory losses.
- Time Management Skills – Be able to prioritize workload based on need of the business as well as needs of both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Strong proficiency with Excel
- Proficiency with SAP, MS Office
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience/ inventory control/operations/manufacturing required
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Supply Chain; Operations Management; Manufacturing preferred)
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.