This role is the day to day financial co-pilot lead for the warehousing team, a key input into the FDE Dynamic Forecast.
This role is responsible for proactively delivering relevant, actionable analyses and recommendations to internal customers. This position must influence business partners to drive decisions that will improve performance and help the business meet or exceed its objectives.
The individual must be able to effectively collaborate and communicate across multiple functions throughout the organization to promote alignment and drive results. The position will plan, prioritize, and manage workload in an environment of competing priorities to support and guide timely and sound business decisions. The role provides opportunity to manage projects and think strategically while dealing with business complexity.
This individual will play a key role by providing accurate and timely financial information and analyses, making and/or implementing sound recommendations to grow business profitability, and optimizing the warehouse’s existing portfolio. Position will operate as a key co-pilot resource, supporting the finance manager in streamlining processes and implementing best practices across the businesses. Key areas of responsibility include new product feasibility, business optimization, commercial investment ROI analyses, ongoing business reviews, and special projects.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work closely with Operations, Load Control Center, Warehousing, SC Finance to develop profitable ideas. Includes setting warehouse cost targets, assisting cross-functional teams with developing optimal strategy, understanding financial impacts on mix, and ensuring new providers are aligned with short and long term strategy & objectives.
- Business optimization: Evaluate the FDE financial impacts of on-going business decisions and work closely with cross-functional partners to develop recommendations that promote stewardship and continuous improvement.
- Financial Planning & Analysis: Perform analytical business reviews with cross-functional partners, identify risks & opportunities for latest estimates, and propose action plans to improve businesses as needed.
- Special projects: Support Finance Manager on special projects to ensure financial support keeps pace with rapidly changing business requirements (e.g. evaluate FDE/distribution channels/, process improvements, complexity & waste reduction initiatives, advanced financial modeling, automation/streamlining projects, etc.).
- Period End Close commentary with back-up analysis, explanations working closely with the Warehouse team.
- Continual report creation in b/w with solid analytics to include inflation, market condition changes, etc.
- Lead the monthly DF process for warehouse costs and explain variances against monthly DF and annual targets.
- Work with & support Warehouse operations management team to identify and evaluate productivity improvements on an on-going basis
Works independently with supervision
This position has no direct reports but may provide direction to cross functional team members as needed in the absence of manager.
Position is responsible for ensuring introduction of profitable business and improving profitability of existing business.
- BA/BS with major in Accounting or Finance, or BA/BS degree with coursework up to and including intermediate accounting
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in Accounting/Finance
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Good project management skills
- CPA, CMA, CFM, CCE, MBA
- Understanding of the Warehouse Environment
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.