You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where teamwork is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the safe execution of maintenance activities to ensure efficient factory operations, such as manufacturing, utility services, boilers, compressed air, electrical services, and general building maintenance.
The Maintenance Supervisor also provides coaching and skill development to the Maintenance and Operations teams in areas, such as loss elimination, risk management and life cycle asset management, to sustain a proactive planned maintenance program.
Other responsibilities include training, coaching, and assessing mechanics on maintenance and engineering related elements of Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE), using TPM as the multi-disciplined approach to establish “Continuous Improvement and Zero Loss” culture.
• Guide the factory to reduce technical stoppages in equipment or areas of common occurrence (priority given to areas of highest incidence or impact). Ensure the systematic review all line, processes, and utilities that are critical to the business and those where failure can have an impact on personnel safety, food safety, environment, or compliance with the law.
• Monitor factory/equipment trends to ensure best possible operation and reduction of planned/unplanned downtime.
• Propose and monitor key performance indicators in accordance with the Best Maintenance Practices.
• Facilitate the evolution/refinement of maintenance activities to minimize planned and unplanned downtime (e.g., PM’s and changeovers).
• Ensure the implementation of all repairs/modifications resulting from gap assessments, factory audits,
• Ensure work orders are executed on-time and offer a high-quality workmanship.
• Ensure that the job planning, material, and services planning is accurate and effective.
• Ensure that the equipment history, damage code, and root cause analysis are completed correctly.
• Evaluate the performance of team members and provide periodic feedback to ensure development.
• Share NCE and other maintenance-related best practices across factories
• Collaborate with corporate engineers, suppliers, contractors, and factory partners to ensure customer needs are met.
• Conduct regular inspections of factory to seek out potential problems and to solicit operator feedback.
• Consolidate and analyze the factory M&R budgets
• Drive value-added and sustainable improvements with the assistance of Group Engineering Specialists and Engineering Managers.
• Manage the technical stores, scheduled work orders, labor hour allocation, and the equipment Bill of Material (BOM).
• Ensure work execution is in compliance with Nestlé and government regulatory agencies.
Provide direct supervision to assigned hourly employees by:
• Coordinating work schedules to utilize maintenance skills and personnel availability.
• Giving timely feedback to direct reports.
• Controlling absenteeism by supervisory emphasis and counseling as necessary.
• Ensuring employees accomplish their assigned duties.
• Ensuring recordkeeping is accomplished correctly.
• Must be able to direct and motivate through influence and leadership.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Reliability, Chemical or other related field) preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment and knowledge of utilities, facilities, or maintenance of manufacturing equipment required.
• Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP) or direct experience with Maintenance Planning and/or supervision preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong leadership skills; ability to lead, motivate, and develop others
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to adjust quickly to changing demands.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Good working knowledge of CMMS systems (e.g., SAP, Maximo) with the ability to mine and analyze data for trends/reports.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.